Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
If money wasn't an issue, which double stroller?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 9:12 am
I am expecting my second iyh and have a 10 month old girl. I cannot decide on a double stroller. The 2 top choices seem to be the Bugaboo Donkey and the Mountain Buggy Duet.
Mothers with either: can you name the pros and cons? Which one would you recommend?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 9:21 am
unless your stroller is your car and you walk a lot with ur kids (like if u live in israel or nyc) then the Donkey is the worst possible choice for you. folding is a nightmare. storing is a nightmare. it'll take up your entire trunk no matter what vehicle you drive.

I just got the duet. I like it so far.

the amazing thing about double strollers - the richest to the poorest are all pushing the same three options pretty much. they are all in the 500-700 dollar price range.

iluvy

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 10:02 am
We have the duet. It is quite narrow and easy to maneuver. But it's basically the same size folded as unfolded. I don't know how that compares to other doubles, but I never take it in the car if I can avoid it.

My biggest complaint about the duet is that the tires were *constantly* losing air and popping. We had to replace at least four tires in just a year. In the end we spent another $130 and got the aerotech wheels, which we're very happy with, but it was infuriating to have to spend $130 to make a $600 stroller functional.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 2:18 pm
Not to hijack, but just wondering...if my older dc will be 22 months when my next is born will I need a double stroller?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 2:30 pm
amother wrote:
Not to hijack, but just wondering...if my older dc will be 22 months when my next is born will I need a double stroller?

It depends on your lifestyle and your toddler's personality and energy. It's definitely helpful.

imaima

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 2:49 pm
I had a double stroller when I had a baby and a 22 month old. It was actually my life savior.

I see a lot of people happy with duett and with citi mini double. I don't think you need much more than that, unless you are adamant that your children face you, in which case you may want to consider something else.

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 3:27 pm
To the amother whose kids are 22 months apart.

My first two were 27 months apart and I went with the B-Ready. I liked the flexibility that the older one can walk short distances and add the second seat for the longer distances. I didn't want to get a double stroller just to have it be empty half the time when the older one was happy to walk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics