Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need advice from small buisness owners (girls accessories)

amother
Wine

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 10:01 am
I'm looking to start a small business selling girls hair accessories, socks, tights and maybe eventually girls shells, and costume jewelry.

There is a need for this in my oot community, since everyone buys online or has family buy in NY and send here and people would love a local place.

Does anyone have advice where to start? I'm mainly interested in the hair accesories. I used to make and sell my own, but I don't have time to make them anymore. I would probably start selling from my home and online.

Any ideas for suppliers, minimum amount of money I need to start, really any advice in general would be great.

Thank you!

Amarante

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 10:17 am
I do a small resale business on accessories which I order from China. Try aliexpress.com and just start searching for cute items that you think would do well. You are protected because your credit card isn't charged until you receive the items and let the site know that the transaction went through.

Sellers are rated so you can see if they are reliable but sometimes I will take a chance and do a small order on a new seller without a lot of ratings especially since I know that I am protected.

If you order more than one or two from a supplier, you should DEFINITELY negotiate.

thedudette

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 10:21 am
Pm me. I sell wholesale.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 10:54 am
Amarante do you have any specific people you but from? I'm always worried about the quality. I don't want to sell things that will break. And also the wait times to receive items seems long.
Does this affect your business?
What are your best sellers?

Amarante

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 10:59 am
PM if you want to discuss buying from aliexpress. :-)

amother
White

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 12:24 am
There's a new company My friend started called Oogoolz. Really cute stuff that sounds like it may work for you. Check out the website and contact them. hatzlacha!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 1:25 am
Bluebell Wholesale! I've used them for several years. Shipping is super fast, and they have great customer service. No minimum order, no tax ID needed, but they'll give you all the receipts you need for your records. They ship from the US, so no worries about packages taking months to arrive and getting lost.

Their items really are just as good as the pictures, whether it's scarves, jewelry, or hair bows. I've bought them for resale and you can get a very good markup from their base price. If you're just starting out and don't want to deal with buying huge quantities from China, you can't go wrong with them.

http://www.bluebellwholesale.c.....ebell

vet techy

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 1:57 am
My friend used to make hair assessories and she still has some stock maybe if it is something you like she will give you a good price. PM me if you want her number.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 8:31 am
Frantic frummie, it looks like a nice site, but it doesn't seem to have much in the way of little girls stuff. Mostly for women...

fish35

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 8:54 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Bluebell Wholesale! I've used them for several years. Shipping is super fast, and they have great customer service. No minimum order, no tax ID needed, but they'll give you all the receipts you need for your records. They ship from the US, so no worries about packages taking months to arrive and getting lost.

Their items really are just as good as the pictures, whether it's scarves, jewelry, or hair bows. I've bought them for resale and you can get a very good markup from their base price. If you're just starting out and don't want to deal with buying huge quantities from China, you can't go wrong with them.

http://www.bluebellwholesale.c.....ebell

It says on the site that you need a tax ID.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics