Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
ISO recipe using taco seasoning

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 11:13 am
Including taco recipe.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 11:25 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Including taco recipe.

You want to make the taco meat and assemble tacos for a meal? Or are you looking for a different way to use the seasoning?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 11:42 am
Never used taco seasoning before. Looking for ways to use it.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 12:28 pm
You can buy a box of Ortega taco shells. They are corn chips shaped like a huge folded over in half hard pita. You brown the chop meat, once no longer pink you add the seasonings, a bit of water and mix and simmer until saucy. Then you fill up the taco shells with the meat and top with chopped salad. So yummy. You can do the same and use wraps.
I do the same for taco salad and serve as supper along with rice. I layer a big salad on each plate (include lettuce, avocado and other chopped veggies like tomato, cucumber, red onion). Top each plate with taco seasoned chopped meat. Garnish with corn chips. Serve with rice.
You can also add 1/2 a packet of taco seasoning to 3/4 cup duck sauce for kbd's kicken chicken.
IIt's delicious seasoning and can be used on almost anything. Meat, chicken, fish, potatoes sweet potatoes. It contains cumin, garlic and oregano among other things.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 1:38 pm
Taco Meat
1.25 lbs. extra lean ground meat 
1 packet taco seasoning
2/3 - 3/4 cup water 

Brown beef in a hot skillet, mashing with a sturdy fork as you go to crumble the pieces. (if you're using a high fat ground beef, you will need to pour off the fat before continuing.) Stir in water and seasoning mix. (If using homemade seasoning without starch you may need less water and mixture won't thicken much.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to lower temp; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is thickened.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 1:47 pm
Thanks. They all sound yum!

mfb

Post Fri, May 01 2015, 1:52 pm
Oil
1.5lb Ground chicken
2 cans Vegeterian beans in tomato sauce(I use heinz)my kids like a lot of beans, you can adjust the amount to your liking
Taco seasoning 1 pack
Put a little oil in pot and cook ground chicken until all white
add in taco seasoning and a vegeterian beans in tomato sauce.
Cook for 2 min until the beans are hot.
I serve with salad and taco shells.
Its from the only suppers that everyone likes, (for one kid I leave chicken without the beans) and its quick and easy to make.

bnm

Post Sat, May 02 2015, 9:44 pm
I do the chicken recipie on back of the taco shells- cut chicken breast into strips, saute 1 onion and 1 pepper diced or sliced (I double or triple) add in chicken strips and saute, add in packet of taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water and let simmer till thickened.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 5:31 am
I know this is under meat but if you're trying to use up a food warehouse club-size of taco seasoning one of the KBDs has a gefilte fish recipe.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 5:16 am
Bump. More ideas please
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics