Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
ISO Craft Store in Beitar, Beit Shemesh or Jerusalem

June

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 12:20 am
My title pretty much says it all.

Does anyone know of a craft store and/or fabric store in Beitar?

I will be going to Beit Shemesh later this week, so that is also an option.

(I would go into Yerushalayim to get the supplies I need, but it's much more of a schlep, so it would be my last option.)

Thanks!

Iymnok

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 12:35 am
Behind the light rail stop "Hadavidka" there is a store called Hobby Shop. They have everything for jewelry making, paints...

pickle321

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 1:20 am
There is a store on bar ilan behind the main bus stop and down some steps

water_bear88

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 1:33 am
Hobby Shop is good. There are several fabric stores along Yafo in between King George and Hadavidka. If you're looking for fabric, that probably won't be in craft stores. Also, most of the fabric stores have a limited variety of notions- if you need bias tape or a particular type of zipper, there are a couple of stores on King George/Strauss that are better for that.

blossoming

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 1:56 am
There is also a Hobby on Kanfei Nesharim, between Fox and Hiper photo down the street next to the post office.

chaiz

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 3:14 am
There is a nice fabric store in Beitar on Rabbi Akiva 20 (in A). I just bought material there for a wedding and the lady was really nice and honest. I cannot compare selection, but definitely had a decent selection.

June

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 8:02 am
Thanks all for your answers. I just found out that I may need to go into Yerushalayim next week, so these suggestions are helpful.

Does anyone know of a craft store in Beitar? I need both craft supplies and fabric.

Chaiz, re the beitar fabric store: is it a storefront or in someone's home?

water_bear88

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 2:11 pm
Forgot to mention- there is also a fabric store in Talpiot (on Rechov Rivka) and a craft store nearby on Pierre Koenig, if that's closer from Beitar.

chaiz

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 2:56 pm
June wrote:

Chaiz, re the beitar fabric store: is it a storefront or in someone's home?

I would call it more a storefront. It definitely is not someone's home. It is the ground floor in between two building entrances. It has a sign on it and is across the street from tzarchanias hamercaz and kidichic.

chaiz

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 2:58 pm
June wrote:

Does anyone know of a craft store in Beitar? I need both craft supplies and fabric.

Did you try the stores such as Chavakuk, Hadas, Paper V'chu and Graphical in b? They do carry craft supplies I think. They are not necessarily craft stores, but they may have what you need. Paper V'chu has more craft supplies than the others I think.

June

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 11:26 pm
chaiz wrote:
Did you try the stores such as Chavakuk, Hadas, Paper V'chu and Graphical in b? They do carry craft supplies I think. They are not necessarily craft stores, but they may have what you need. Paper V'chu has more craft supplies than the others I think.

I never heard of any of these stores, except graphikal. what area are they?

newmommy22

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 3:46 am
Chavakuk is on bar ilan right off of shmuel hanavi. It's a basement store. Not sure about the others.

chaiz

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 3:55 am
There are two chavakuks in Betiar that I know of. One is on the corner of Baba Sali and Zhvill. The other is further up, but forgot if it is on R' Elazar Hamodai or R" AKiva. Hadas is on Nadvorna near the Boyan Beis Knesses. Paper V'Chu is up on Rabbi Akiva; I think right past the post office. They might have what you are looking for, depending on your craft needs.

brocha1

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 5:11 am
Theres sifrei geula in rbshemesh aleph and in geula

ChossidMom

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 1:49 pm
Yes. I was going to mention Sifrei Geula. It's in the merkaz mischari in Ramat Bet Shemesh. They also sell toys. They have quite a big selection of supplies on the second floor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions