Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Leaking jacuzzi tub

UQT

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 8:50 pm
My Jacuzzi tub has 6 jets. I haven't turned on the jets in years. Recently if I use it as a bath, it started leaking onto my dining room ceiling. It does not leak if we use it as a shower. I'm wondering if anyone has an experience with this and they fixed it. Do I need to drill through my ceiling so a plumber can fix it? Is there a way to plug up the jets since I don't use it anyways.

Any advice would be appreciated.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 9:16 pm
UQT wrote:
My Jacuzzi tub has 6 jets. I haven't turned on the jets in years. Recently if I use it as a bath, it started leaking onto my dining room ceiling. It does not leak if we use it as a shower. I'm wondering if anyone has an experience with this and they fixed it. Do I need to drill through my ceiling so a plumber can fix it? Is there a way to plug up the jets since I don't use it anyways.

Any advice would be appreciated.

The jets will still leak and retain water if you are using it as a bath only. The quick fix would be to close the jets to keep water from sitting in the pipes or leaking through the ceiling. Check with your local plumbing supply and see what kind of plugs you can use and seal with silicone.

doctorima

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 9:17 pm
Unless you're a really handy DIYer, I'd say this is a job for a plumber. Not worth risking your dining room over. And it may not be the jets, it may be the regular bathtub drain that's leaking.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 9:19 pm
doctorima wrote:
Unless you're a really handy DIYer, I'd say this is a job for a plumber. Not worth risking your dining room over. And it may not be the jets, it may be the regular bathtub drain that's leaking.

If it wasn't leaking from using it as a shower one would rule out the master drain.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars