Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Life is good! How to give back?

newmommy:)

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 2:07 pm
I've been blessed with a very wonderful life. Baruch Hashem I have so many brachos! I was just talking to my husband and we were both saying how we need to become better people, be makir tov to HKBH for all the good He gives us.
My husband is learning and he recently started a serious mussar seder, so he feels that right now that's what he's doing to "give back" kivyachol.
I'm raising one little monkey with iyH another on the way. And while I feel like being a good mother and wife is what I'm supposed to be doing...I feel like I have it in me to do more.
My question is what?
I'm so indecisive and I'm not the best at setting realistic goals and reaching them (I'm more the type like "let's start an organization!!" and never do...)
What can I do? I live in Israel in a young community and I just want to be doing something, learning something, working on something, helping someone. But I don't know what?!
Any ideas?

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 2:37 pm
Start a gemach?

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 2:45 pm
ok, for what? there are a billion gmachs? What is there a need for?

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 2:49 pm
What's missing in your community?
In mine I'd love a clothing Gemach. It's double chessed, people have a place to give their old or outgrown clothing, and others can buy nice clothes for cheap. You just need space and time. They sell for 2-10 nis per item. Up to 30 for a high quality coat, etc.
I don't have the space or energy.
Ask around.

shoshanim999

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 2:52 pm
I'm always impressed with a cousin of mine. whenever I go there for shabbos he has over 1 or 2 older single somewhat nebach people from the community. These r people that have poor social skills, might be a little smelly, and don't offer good company. In other words there is NOTHING in it for the host. What a mitzvah. Can u do that?

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 3:02 pm
maybe, but where would I find these people? also my shabbos table is usually just me and hubby is it weird to have a random one guest?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 4:53 pm
Maybe you want to look at all the gemachs, find one that resonates, and call them and ask how you can help?
This is a lovely thread. You are at a point where it's understandable to be more inner focused on your family. If you have the time and kochos, you may do well finding a mosad, or community chesed organization, etc. you like and asking if you can be of any service. This way you can work in blocks of time that work for you.
Tizku l'mitzvos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics