Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Pareve cheesecake recipes anyone?
1  2  Next

momma4

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 1:58 pm
I was once by a simchah in Boro Park and there was a delicious pareve cheesecake on the sweet table. Im Lactose intolerant and I would like to make myself a non dairy cheesecake for shevuos. I've tried a few recipes in the past that were horrible. Can you please share a pareve cheesecake recipe?

infj

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 6:09 pm
2 Tofutti cream cheeses
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
drop of lemon juice

Blend until smooth, bake at 325 for 90 minutes. You can add chocolate syrup circles on the top then pull with a toothpick for a nice design or add cherry pie filling to the top.

cbsp

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 6:31 pm
The Pesach Binah 5775 had one that was made with mashed potatoes. I was thinking of making it because we're having a guest for Shavuos that's allergic to soy. Does anyone have that recipe (mine is locked away with the pesach stuff at my mom-in-law's house)?

scrltfr

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 7:12 pm
cbsp wrote:
The Pesach Binah 5775 had one that was made with mashed potatoes. I was thinking of making it because we're having a guest for Shavuos that's allergic to soy. Does anyone have that recipe (mine is locked away with the pesach stuff at my mom-in-law's house)?

I'm pretty sure the daiya cream cheese doesn't contain soy. Their cheeses dont.

cbsp

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 7:35 pm
scrltfr wrote:
I'm pretty sure the daiya cream cheese doesn't contain soy. Their cheeses dont.

I never heard of them before! Thanks for the info, will be useful for other applications but I think my guest is also allergic to legumes and there's pea in the ingredients. Would still love the potato "cheesecake" recipe if anyone has it...

hotmom

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 7:47 pm
cbsp wrote:

Sorry I don't have it, but you can call or email Binah mag, I'm sure they'll be more than glad to give it you. G'luck!

cbsp

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 8:00 pm
hotmom wrote:
Sorry I don't have it, but you can call or email Binah mag, I'm sure they'll be more than glad to give it you. G'luck!

Thanks for the great idea!

sofaraway

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 11:53 pm
In the kbd entertains, there is a three layer cheesecake. I do only the cheese layer. I double all ingredients, besides for the cream cheese, add the equivalent of cream cheese in applesauce (meaning if it calls for 2 blocks cc, I will put them plus two cups applesauce).
I use toffuti instead of cc to make it Parve. It tastes perfect!

becky2345

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 11:29 am
someone once told me that you can substitute the tofutti cream cheese for any recipe that calls fro cream cheese (it probably makes a difference if its whipped or not..)

cbsp

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 11:32 am
I got the mock cheesecake recipe that uses potatoes. (my wonderful mother in law faxed it last night)
I'm deciding if I'm making it. If I do and I like it I'll post it...

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 12:24 pm
KBD chocolate fudge cheesecake using Tofutti. Really good.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 6:25 pm
You can make a very easy and good mock cheesecake out of crushed pineapple. Here's a recipe:

1 can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar

Mix all together. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Top with cherry pie filling and bake additional 15 minutes.

boysrus

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 6:29 pm
amother wrote:
You can make a very easy and good mock cheesecake out of crushed pineapple. Here's a recipe:

1 can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar

Mix all together. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Top with cherry pie filling and bake additional 15 minutes.

what size can of crushed pineapple do you need?

Lady Bug

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 6:46 pm
I made the pineapple one once and it was delicious!

cbsp

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:

1 can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar

Sounds really yummy, what size pan? Greased?

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 7:37 pm
20 oz can.

cbsp

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 7:44 pm
amother wrote:
20 oz can.

Thanks! Do you know what size pan and if it should be greased? This looks so much simpler than the potato one I mentioned above (that called for separated eggs)

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 8:45 pm
Honestly I haven't made it in a long time and I can't remember what size pan I used or if it was greased, I'm sorry. (I just remember that it was good😀). Maybe the other poster who said she made it would remember? Do regular cheesecakes get greased pans? It's the same consistency so maybe follow regular cheesecake directions for that.

tichellady

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 8:51 pm
Does the pineapple recipe actually taste like cheesecake or does it just taste like a pineapple cake?

tryinghard

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 9:01 pm
I have a recipe using cashews and coconut milk that's really good if you have no allergies
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics