Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Socks- how do you get them clean?

cool_mama

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 12:11 pm
I have light colored/white socks for my daughter and no matter how many times I spray them or wash them they just don't look like new again. Many stains don't come out even with shout stain remover.
Any suggestions welcome!

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 1:39 pm
cool_mama wrote:
I have light colored/white socks for my daughter and no matter how many times I spray them or wash them they just don't look like new again. Many stains don't come out even with shout stain remover.
Any suggestions welcome!

Soak in oxi powder using pkg directions then scrub out with cleaning toothbrush before washing as usual.
Don't let the kids walk around without shoes. If they want to take off their shoes, have them remove their socks as well Smile

lfab

Post Wed, May 06 2015, 2:20 pm
I have the same problem. I used to scrub the bottoms of all their socks and soak in oxi powder before washing. However, it has become too time consuming. Now I only do their shabbos socks and the weekday ones only get scrubbed if really bad or have a specific stain. The bottoms always look a little dingy.White socks can be thrown into a bleach load if you're doing one anyway. I buy them socks in bulk when on sale at children's place (I can usually get them about 80 cents a piece; on sale for a dollar plus 20% off coupon) and just don't expect them to last very long. When they get really yucky looking they go in the trash.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry