Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
A Bag with a Get and 72$ Were Found in Meron on Lag Ba'Omer

Ilovechoumous

Post Fri, May 08 2015, 5:55 am
I got this message from one of my whatsapp groups in israel:

The name on the get is Chana bat Rabbi Yakov living in the US. if you have any information to connect the one that found and the one that lost the bag to do the mitzvah of Hashavat Aveida, please call 052-501-0666.

sourstix

Post Fri, May 08 2015, 9:54 am
im confused. you got a bag. and a message?

sourstix

Post Fri, May 08 2015, 9:55 am
its almost comical. who looses a get. ok I guess anyone can loose.

Ilovechoumous

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 1:28 am
No, I got a message that a bag was found with a get and money. Just passing the message. I have a feeling the one that found the bag is israeli and she says that the get belongs to someone from america.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 1:37 am
Ilovechoumous wrote:
No, I got a message that a bag was found with a get and money. Just passing the message. I have a feeling the one that found the bag is israeli and she says that the get belongs to someone from america.
I saw this mentioned some place else and saw that someone said it is most probably a hoax.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 9:54 pm
makes no sense ... a get is kept by the bais din or maybe it is ripped and disposed of by the bais din so that one may not question in the future if it is valid. No one walks out of bais din with a get.

seeker

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 10:23 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
makes no sense ... a get is kept by the bais din or maybe it is ripped and disposed of by the bais din so that one may not question in the future if it is valid. No one walks out of bais din with a get.

What? I have never heard of disposing of a get! I have heard of it being required as evidence of divorce if the woman wants to remarry later!

Scrabble123

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 10:31 pm
seeker wrote:
What? I have never heard of disposing of a get! I have heard of it being required as evidence of divorce if the woman wants to remarry later!

The beis din tears the get in a special manner to then be folded up (I don't know if they save it or if they trash it). They then provide the divorcee with a letter from their beis din stating that they performed a get.

seeker

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 10:43 pm
Oh OK. Now I get it. I didn't realize that the document is not the actual get but that makes sense.

zaq

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 11:26 pm
Sure sounds like a hoax to me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics