Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Vote to Help This Jewish Family!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 12:28 am
Is there still voting to do at this stage?

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 12:50 am
No voting is closed.

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 12:54 am
So how do they choose between semi-finalists? I hope there's something in it for the runners-up. I think it's really awesome that both people we were voting for got in! Though I'm sure there were still others who are pretty disappointed now Sad Such a sad contest when everyone who enters is in need.

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 1:17 am
No idea the answers to your questions. But yes it is very sad!

abemom2

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 3:38 pm
I just noticed there was another girl, and looks like she's from Boro Park, I guess we weren't aware. A 9 year old girl.

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 8:05 am
The Rabbi of our shul posted an update

Thank you so much to ALL of those who voted (and voted...) in support of the Herzfeld family. The efforts of many thousands of individuals inspired a most extraordinary act of chessed (see link below), which we hope and pray will in turn inspire others. While we were initially quite disappointed that the judges did not award the Herzfeld family with a new van, we have since been afforded the opportunity to be reminded of an essential life lesson. Indeed we must always remember that it is the Ribbono shel olam, the true and only Judge, who alone determines the destiny of each and every individual.

Teaneck, NJ - VIN News Story Inspires Los Angeles Philanthropist To Aid Teaneck Family With $63K Check

Please note the recent establishment of a designated fund, through which we hope to continue to raise much needed funds for aid and assistance to benefit Arthur and Esther Herzfeld and family (see fund description below). Please feel free to publicize this effort within the greater community, through social media, etc.

Donations/checks should be made payable directly to: Bergen County's United Way. 'The Herzfeld Family Fund' should be in the memo line or on the face of the check.

Tax ID # 22-6028959

Checks should be mailed to:
Bergen United Way
6 Forest Ave
Paramus, NJ 07652
OR to

Congregation Beth Aaron
950 Queen Anne Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666

An online campaign has also been setup. Please use the link below to make a tax deductible contribution to assist the Herzfeld family.

https://www.crowdrise.com/herz.....asbia

Arthur and Esther Herzfeld, of Teaneck, NJ, have four children, all of whom suffer from a chronic, degenerative muscular illness. Each of the children experiences varying degrees of impaired mobility and require significant assistance in carrying out daily functions and routine activities. Their current home configuration does not accommodate the family's extraordinary needs, nor does it allow for a safe and comfortable living environment. The Herzfeld Family Fund has been established in an effort to assist the family in achieving greater success in managing its ever-growing needs.

nywife

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 8:34 am
I just read this morning that a philanthropist stepped in and donated the van for them. Wow!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 3:04 am
1091 wrote:
The Rabbi of our shul posted an update

Thank you so much to ALL of those who voted (and voted...) in support of the Herzfeld family. The efforts of many thousands of individuals inspired a most extraordinary act of chessed (see link below), which we hope and pray will in turn inspire others. While we were initially quite disappointed that the judges did not award the Herzfeld family with a new van, we have since been afforded the opportunity to be reminded of an essential life lesson. Indeed we must always remember that it is the Ribbono shel olam, the true and only Judge, who alone determines the destiny of each and every individual.
Im ssuming this is the Hertzfeld's shul and the rav there is one amazing shul (I grew up going to that shul. the rav there now was only there for about half a year before I left, but he is truly an amazing rav)

May

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 9:38 am
Tamar (Swerdlik) Maxwell was nifteres last week. Crying Crying Crying
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics