Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Happy Mother's Day!

CatLady

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 11:10 am
I was surprised to see no Happy Mother's Day on this site - so I'll start the topic.

For every awesome mom, stepmom, grandmother, cool aunt or friend, wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!

rae gi

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 11:13 am
Happy Mother's Day!

zaq

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 11:48 am
Same to you-all!

zaq

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 11:59 am
My kids came home with the typical yeshiva party line of "we don't hold with mother's day, every day is mother's day." I told them Mother's Day is not about "respecting" your mother; obviously you respect your mother every day of the year, and it would be meaningless to "respect" her one day a year. It is, rather, about "saluting" mothers. Just as we remember yetziat mitzrayim every day of the year but we celebrate it on Pesach , just as we remember the churban all year but we mourn it on Tisha B'Av, so do we love and respect our mothers all year but salute them on Mother's Day. Once a year we set aside the time to say "Thank You" and all the other things we maybe should say all year but don't. Hallmark holiday or not, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics