Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Help

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 3:43 pm
my two year old removes his diaper every morning! any ideas what I should do? I'm going crazy washing his linen every day and his crib. Sad

smss

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 4:11 pm
the cloth diaper covers with snaps are pretty child-proof. even if you don't want to CD, you could just get a few to put on over his diapers.

something like this: http://www.cottonbabies.com/pr.....=2220

mommyla

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 8:25 pm
Put him in a one-piece sleeper with a zipper. If it doesn't have feet, turn it around so that the zipper is in the back. If it does have feet, turn it inside out so he can't get the zipper open.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 8:32 pm
mommyla wrote:
Put him in a one-piece sleeper with a zipper. If it doesn't have feet, turn it around so that the zipper is in the back. If it does have feet, turn it inside out so he can't get the zipper open.

I know a woman with triplets, and they liked to "finger paint" in the mornings. Surprised

The problem with the pajamas trick was that the kids would unzip each other! They were also experts at climbing into each other's cribs, so separating them didn't help at all. Smart little monkeys. Confused

She ended up having to duct tape their pajamas on every night, no joke. (A strip around the waist.)

musicmom

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 9:36 pm
Yes, a cloth diaper cover! I like flips. Also, sounds like it's time to potty train. My two year doesn't yet say she has to go and then go, but we put on it hourly and she enjoys wearing undies.

imasinger

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 10:01 pm
When one of my kids discovered how to remove her pj's and caused trouble, I took an old fashioned diaper pin and put it in at bedtime just below the top of the zipper. That kept the zipper in place until I freed her.

The same trick works well if you ever wear a jacket with a zipper that you don't want the kids to unzip. Use a pretty stickpin, though. Smile

srbmom

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 10:04 pm
I used to put on the zippered sleepers that had a snap at the top (I think Gerber and Childrens Place have these) and then a pajama shirt on top of that, so my DS couldn't unzip it
Just make sure they're not too hot
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics