Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking for info on Rhawnhurst, PA

amother
Rose

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 7:41 pm
Hi, we have been looking into moving further out of town to a more affordable community. Does anyone have any experiences living in Rhawnhurst that they could tell me about. We are looking for a larger heimish community with kosher restaurants and seperate boys and girls schools that's why rhawnhurst attracts us.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 9:36 pm
It's a small community and kids need to commute to schools.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 10:16 pm
Hi, not to hijack the thread, but can someone elucidate the differences between Rhawnhurst and Elkins Park or another such neighborhood in PA? I've heard Rhawnhurst is physically not so attractive? I'd like a lot of greenery etc.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 7:34 pm
Bump

ima bima

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 10:17 pm
Hi I live in rhawnhurst and it's a great community! The people are all friendly and accepting of everybody. The local school is politz Hebrew academy and bh my kids are really happy there. There are lots of young families with lots of kids. One thing that stands out in this community is there is no emphasis on materialism which I think is so healthy when finding a community to settle in. I've lived here for several years and love it! The only downside is that it isn't beautiful and suburban like the other Jewish areas in the greater Philly area. Pm me for more info Orr if u want to visit. ..

amother51

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 3:54 am
Can someone please share if there are young families in Rhawnhurst and if new families are moving in?

I've heard from several people that most people are moving away and it is an "old community" (as in older families, more established, not so many young families). Is this true?

Also, are there certain streets/blocks that are more concentrated with frum families?

THANKS

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 3:52 pm
Bump

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 4:53 pm
I don't know about rhawnhurst, but if you're looking in that area, check out wynnewood / overbook. It's on a different side of Philly, just past Bala cynwyd. Very green, young families moving in, friendly, cheaper than Bala.

I don't live there but have visited recently.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating