Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Anyone watching "Dig" TV show. Apikorsus?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 8:07 pm
DH started watching it now, and from what he's saying about it, it sounds a bit against the Torah. I don't enjoy watching in general and am not interested in watching it. Can anyone that watched it tell me if my hunch is right? TIA!

DrMom

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 8:16 pm
I haven't seen it, but it's clearly billed as a *fictional* TV series.

Why should that be a problem?

gp2.0

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 8:18 pm
Does it really matter? What TV shows do mesh with Torah?

The wiki summary:
The story focuses on an FBI agent who is based in Jerusalem and discovers a plot that dates back 2000 years while investigating a murder. The focus is on the prophetic return of the Jewish temple.

It actually sounds kind of awesome, but to people who are sensitive to this sort of thing it could be a problem.

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 6:20 am
I happen to dislike most Jewish themed non frum or certainly non Jewish fictions... but as long as you dont believe in them...

sequoia

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 7:31 am
Ruchel wrote:
I happen to dislike most Jewish themed non frum or certainly non Jewish fictions... but as long as you dont believe in them...

That's not good... I am writing something now, it's got Jewish characters and settings but definitely NOT "frum fiction."

samantha87

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 11:01 am
Apikorsus? It's a tv show, not a chumash or a philosophy book. The episodes I saw are grounded in Torah ideas, but go far afield. They also go far off on history.

For example: a major part of the show involves a simple chareidi boy taking a parah adumah to Israel. But "Essenes" with totally shaved heads keep trying to stop him. Another part involves a Christian group raising a boy to bring the parah agunah, following how the mishneh says the boy should be raised. But then, when he messes up, they kill him. And more. It's entertaining, but not Torah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics