Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Great Travel ideas in North America

saramalka

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 10:53 am
My husband and I will be coming from Eretz Yisrael to a family simcha in NY. We would like to do an add-on to our Delta Ticket and visit a city in US, Canada, S. America from Sunday to Thursday. We would need a minyan. We have been to California. This will be in June so we prefer not such hot weather. Looking for people's recommendations

DrMom

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 12:23 pm
Niagra Falls?

imasinger

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 1:01 pm
If you want cooler weather, head north and/or into the mountains.

What do you enjoy doing? Do you prefer urban, or countryside? Eating in a restaurant, or cooking for yourself?

saramalka

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 1:11 pm
We like both urban and country side. Which mountains are you referring to? Probably eating out mostly, but would cook a little or bring prepared meals from New York if necessary

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 1:17 pm
If you have 4 days, I'd say Vancouver. British Columbia is gorgeous around early summer. (Though you'll need to rent a car if you want to go visit Lake Louise and such).
Boston? I could have said Washington DC but it can get tad hot/humid side.

Maya

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 1:22 pm
I don't know the weather conditions around Pittsburgh during that time of year, but we had a great vacation around that area. There are at least two of Frankl Lloyd Wright homes there, one of which is Fallingwater. There are national parks with activities such as horseback riding. There are two kosher eateries in Pittsburgh, and downtown is beautiful, too.

imasinger

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 2:46 pm
saramalka wrote:
We like both urban and country side. Which mountains are you referring to? Probably eating out mostly, but would cook a little or bring prepared meals from New York if necessary

There are a lot of mountains to refer to! It depends what you have in mind.

If you want to stay within a couple of hours' plane ride from NY, then check out the Appalachians, up and down much of the eastern part of North America.

You also might get good ideas from looking at where kosher food is available. Check out the shamash.org kosher database. The star K puts out a summer travel guide that you may also find useful.

If you want to travel a few more hours, you have a lot more possibilities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics