Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Self heating meals!
1  2  Next

Pearl

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 10:29 am
http://labriutemeals.com/about.htm

anyone ever ate one of these meals?

sarahd

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 1:42 pm
They look delicious, don't they? Unfortunately for us, Pearl, they don't ship outside the US.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 2:09 pm
Yes once, and though they taste delicious I have a niggling feeling it can't be that healthy for us

Mandy

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 2:24 pm
I ate it once and it was salty and mushy. I think it is okay if you need it for one or two meals. But don't eat them for a week - nasty.

Pearl

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 3:55 am
Quote:
sarahd wrote:
Unfortunately for us, Pearl, they don't ship outside the US.

I was afraid of that.... Crying

it just seems like such a good solution when going on holiday and there's no kosher shop or restaurant anywhere near......

oh well, didn't ask to hurt, right Wink

imaamy

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 9:23 am
I don't know what the portion is like but it seems it would be expensive for a whole family?

sarahnurit

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 6:06 pm
Mandy, which one did you try? I am intrigued by cheese ravioli...would be something good 4 us to keep for turists that want to have a quick kosher meal in Naples?

sarahd

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 4:22 am
We tried four of the meals, and cheese ravioli was the best (the meatballs and spaghetti were also very good and my husband liked the pareve pepper steak too.) The portions are nice-size and they give you a little bag of cookies and a pareve noodle soup packet too. It's a pretty good thing for a tourist to have, IMO.

JEWISHMAMA

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 6:35 am
I had one and it´s was quite good. I was a bit surprised.

lucky

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 9:29 am
freilich wrote:
Yes once, and though they taste delicious I have a niggling feeling it can't be that healthy for us

same here. can't think it is very safe since it does have some chemicals involved.

sarahnurit

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 4:58 pm
Do you know if it's possible to order them somewhere in Europe?

technic

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 7:54 pm
ive seen them in a shop in london....

BinahYeteirah

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 5:18 am
We tried them when we traveled internationally. I thought we would get arrested at the airport, LOL. They smoke and steam; I was sure we would be taken for terrorists with a bomb, but no one said anything.

I thought they were gross. I couldn't tell the cheese ravioli actually had cheese and they were mushy. I think my husband thought the fleshig ones were better. I have no idea about those, since I don't eat meat. He had the beef stew one and I think the meatballs. I know I had another vegatarian one, but none of those looks like what I had. It's okay for traveling. I wouldn't want to eat more than tow or three of them. The entertainment factor of heating the food gets you through that many, but after that...

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 7:32 am
We live in a place where it is hard to get kosher food, and someone left by us 4 boxes of labriute meals that he didn't need because he was returning to u.s. - 2 types cheese ravioli and stuffed cabbage. We tasted them and they are really awful (although we tried a meaty one and it was a bit better) They were really artificial tasting. We had a hard time getting rid of them! Still have some if you need any!

Tuna and crackers taste better in my opinion!

Heres a way of getting freshly cooked kosher food in a hotel room, told us by an ou mashgiach who travels a lot. He really does this!!! 1. Get some fresh fish fillet (salmon or whatever) from a fishmonger. 2. Put whatever spices and flavourings you like on it 3. wrap up in foil. 4. turn on iron, put on top of fish packet for 15 minutes per side.

unwrap amd enjoy!

sarahd

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 7:46 am
Rifky, I'll take the ravioli if you want to get rid of it. Very Happy I thought it was pretty good! Can you mail it to me? LOL

Pearl

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 8:54 am
Quote:
Rifky wrote:
Heres a way of getting freshly cooked kosher food in a hotel room, told us by an ou mashgiach who travels a lot. He really does this!!! 1. Get some fresh fish fillet (salmon or whatever) from a fishmonger. 2. Put whatever spices and flavourings you like on it 3. wrap up in foil. 4. turn on iron, put on top of fish packet for 15 minutes per side.

unwrap amd enjoy!

shock are you serious?! I must remember to try this Very Happy !

lucky

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 9:46 am
reminds me of grilled cheese sandwiches we made in camp using irons.

technic

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 10:02 am
u can do it on car engine 2 Exclamation

chavamom

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 10:16 am
A friend of mine used to have a cookbook that told you how to cook things on your car engine (with instructions like 'cook for 25 minutes at 55 MPH). It is supposed to turn out quite respectable hamburgers.

chavamom

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 10:22 am
Found it! Manifold Destiny

Goofy!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen