Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Self heating meals!
Previous  1  2

mother of 2 princess's

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 6:08 pm
well I wouldnt want to iron my clothes with that iron theyd smell a bit fishy lol!!!

chen

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 5:28 pm
I tried the cheese ravioli, the spaghetti and meatballs and the turkey. they were, I am sorry to say, most disappointing.. the mechanism heated unvenly, so parts were scalding and parts still cold. the pasta was gluey and got more so as it cooled. I couldn't find the cheese in the ravioli. the cookies were like sawdust. the meatballs tasted ok. they did, however, come with their own plastic utensils, which was convenient. At US $7.25 a pop, it wasn't something I'd want for a whole family--esp. if some members have big appetites. Like the joke "it wasn't any good--and the portions were so small!"

so it depends on circumstances. on a desert island, on maneuvers with the army, after a hurricane with no power and no running water--these would be something to eat. On a two-day business trip? Nah. Not much better than sardines out of a can and a box of crackers.

otoh, I have a neighbor who thinks they are the greatest thing since the microwave oven. (maybe she's not much of a cook.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen