Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
First pair or earings

malky800

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 8:07 pm
I just got my 10 year old ears pierced before Purim.
Now she is ready for her first pair or real earrings.
On one hand I don't want to buy anything real, because I don't trust that she won't lose it .

But people are warning me not to buy fake in case she is allergic to non real gold or maybe silver.

Is there any way I can tell?
Is it safe to do a short test and try it out?

I've never had a problem with any type of earrings, but my husbands sisters claim they have.

Laiya

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 10:31 pm
As far as losing the earrings, we did well with an "endless" type of clasp (hoop earrings)

Miri7

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 1:05 am
Our family has had some issues with some metals so for DD I just buy sterling silver. You can find some nice inexpensive ones. Some people also use surgical steel posts or gold.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 11:44 am
I am allergic to anything but real gold. Silver isn't better than fake for me. What does help is to apply a layer of clear nail polish to the post and any part that will touch the ear. This doesn't work for everyone though. If you do experiment with fake watch it carefully for redness or swelling. And take the earrings out at night at least until you know that her ears are okay with it.

JMM-uc

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 11:59 am
I can only wear real gold, if she developes an infection from fake earnings it can get pretty bad. I'd go with real gold

tigerwife

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 1:50 pm
At least the posts should be real good. I get reactions from sterling silver as well.

Shuly

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 2:54 pm
Stainless Steel also known as Surgical Steel is much cheaper than gold and doesn't cause infections.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics