Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Ants, Ants, Everywhere....help!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 6:28 pm
Walked into my front room today and there were tiny ants everywhere...help! Searched but cannot figure out where they are coming from. Moved the couches and looked underneath everything...We have no carpeting, just wooden floors. Hope they did not come from under the wood slats, ugh. We sprayed around the room with ant spray. Any other ideas? No kids here now, but the grandkids do come by during the day to visit, so I'm afraid to leave ant traps around. Any suggestions?

busymother

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 6:34 pm
Spray never helps for me. Get the raid traps- they walk in, eat the poison, spread it to their nest and within 24 hours they are gone. You can leave them under the furniture if you're scared of kids getting into them. Good luck!

Gnmn

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 6:40 pm
I tried many many ant traps and sprays only Terro worked .

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 6:53 pm
amother wrote:
Walked into my front room today and there were tiny ants everywhere...help! Searched but cannot figure out where they are coming from. Moved the couches and looked underneath everything...We have no carpeting, just wooden floors. Hope they did not come from under the wood slats, ugh. We sprayed around the room with ant spray. Any other ideas? No kids here now, but the grandkids do come by during the day to visit, so I'm afraid to leave ant traps around. Any suggestions?

Ants are incredibly organized (I read too much E.O. Wilson) with a bit of patience you can find where they are coming from. They are merely looking for food or water and trooping in and out.

In the mean time if you have sprayed please do a good clean up before the grandchildren visit. Those petrochemicals and toxins in ant spray are not good for children.

Use traps. And take some time to observe them. You'll find their routes and the best places for traps. You may see a slight increase in the ant population a day or two after placing your traps but that means they have communicated to other ants in the nest that there is food. Terro is an excellent trap it is merely borax in a liquid suspension.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 6:54 pm
Call an exterminator

QUEENY

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 8:03 pm
Gnmn wrote:
I tried many many ant traps and sprays only Terro worked .

me too! Terro worked the best...for a few days...I had a TON of dead ants and now hardly anything...(.I also tried Raid ...never worked)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry