Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
What style sheitel is in?
1  2  Next

sourstix

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 11:16 am
can you clue me in? I see straght bangs, middle part, curly... I am just trying to figure what is in? how do I know if straight bangs will look good on me?

sourstix

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 11:30 am
I have a sheitel that the front was cut wrong, I need someone thats is good in fixing sheitels. that has a good hand. I am chasidish I prefer someone from that crowd. why? I think I would feel more comfortable. its no offense to anyone else. I dont have long hair and they treat you differently. its diff when you dont expect someone to have long hair. I just want someone thats kind and gentle and knows her stuff. I had a sheitel macher she actually was chasidish. but she was so nasty, I have the jitters from her. anyway, thats why I wrote I need someone gentle and kind and do as I want and is good with style. not someone that imposes her opinion and you feel uncomfortable saying what you feeel. hope I was clear. how much money she charges wont matter at this point.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 11:48 am
Flipped out is pretty in now, but it's been in around for a few years so if you want cutting edge that's not it.

silly

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 11:53 am
what ever style u wear is in style now

potatoes

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 12:41 pm
Whatever makes you look best, is whats in style.

When I got married I did not get the typical kallah look/cut shaitel, I got what I liked and looked good on me, I got sooo many compliments. I didnt just throw on the mild, I put on what was made for me.

So wear what YOU like Smile

Scrabble123

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 12:51 pm
potatoes wrote:

So wear what YOU like Smile

EXACTLY!

sourstix

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 1:20 pm
I love the bob look. I think it would give me a young look. I just dont know. it always takes me time to get used to new styles. I guess for me its a little too much. I dont want to look like people would turn around and look, I want to be conservative, can that look be conservative and stylish? I guess this is hard to answer its a matter of what is cons for me. I am shy when it comes to new styles. I dont like to jump in and be the first. I like the neet look. but still be able to use for a simcha. would a bob look ok for a simcha? like a wedding?

be good

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 2:58 pm
Try Rochel Glatzer (thats her maiden name, don't remember married name) 732-575-5325

She is from a chassidish family, and although I have no idea what her hair looks like under her shaitel, she probably has family members who shave. She is cute and friendly, never rude or imposing, and VERY good at what she does.

ETA: oh- where are you located? she is in lakewood.

sourstix

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 4:20 pm
perfect I am in lakewood.

sourstix

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 4:20 pm
where is she located?

Kitten

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 4:43 pm
sourstix wrote:
I love the bob look. I think it would give me a young look. I just dont know. it always takes me time to get used to new styles. I guess for me its a little too much. I dont want to look like people would turn around and look, I want to be conservative, can that look be conservative and stylish? I guess this is hard to answer its a matter of what is cons for me. I am shy when it comes to new styles. I dont like to jump in and be the first. I like the neet look. but still be able to use for a simcha. would a bob look ok for a simcha? like a wedding?

Unless I have a wrong idea of what a bob cut is, but many, many chassidishe women (at least in Satmar for those who wear sheitels), have bob cut sheitels and it's considered conservative, be it for for everyday or Shabbos and simchas.

gp2.0

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 6:47 pm
I started seeing sheitels with the roots showing. Like, a blonde sheitel with an inch of "roots" colored dark. Guess it's a spin on the ombré look, but to me it just looks like you missed a colorist appointment...

supty

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 7:55 pm
Long bobs are very in right now. No bangs, just sort of natural looking around the face, with natural waves and lots of volume. Ombré is also very in.

runninglate

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 8:55 pm
supty wrote:
Long bobs are very in right now. No bangs, just sort of natural looking around the face, with natural waves and lots of volume. Ombré is also very in.
In which circles?

supty

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 9:10 pm
runninglate wrote:
In which circles?

I live in NY and that's what I'm seeing. Its in style in the non jewish/celebrity world right now, so I guess it trickles in. She asked what's in style and she didn't specify a circle...

runninglate

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 9:11 pm
supty wrote:
I live in NY and that's what I'm seeing. Its in style in the non jewish/celebrity world right now, so I guess it trickles in. She asked what's in style and she didn't specify a circle...
Thanks, I was just curious...

Lady Bug

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 10:37 pm
I thought ombre was way outdated by now.

Where I live, I'm seeing lots of flips, some curls but more natural looking. Side bangs are out, some straight bangs, mostly middle part, either bangy or no bangs, just long hairs incorporated into the style.

Butterfly07

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 10:45 pm
So many people told me what to get when I was getting married. My personal advice to you: Shop Around! Go to diff sheital machers & ask their advice and try some on! Take as much time as you need, its an inve$tment. Really, that is the Best way! Good Luck

forever21

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 11:54 pm
I don't get this whole idea of what's in style in terms of side bangs, full bangs or side or middle part. If you have a long face then side part will prob look better on you. Perhaps full bangs if you have a big forehead etc.
When it comes to curly vs straight I guess you can go with what's in style.
As other posters mentioned, the best thing is to get what looks good on you.
Also, if people get shaitels based on what's in style, does this mean ppl buy new shaitels every few years in order to wear what's in style??

chevi1

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:08 am
supty wrote:

can someone link some pics? and what is ombrè?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars