Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
What style sheitel is in?
Previous  1  2

nyer1

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:11 am
I'm seeing a lot more wavy and curly wigs nowadays, but only on people who actually most likely have that texture of hair themselves. It seems like Sheitals for a while we're only sleek blown straight or sleek with curls from a curling iron. Lots of textures are being shown now which is exciting. Lots of volume, some with frizz just like real hair would do. some off the face, some w bangs, etc etc. at the end of the day, whatever suits your face is what U should be wearing!

Raisin

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:41 am
forever21 wrote:
I don't get this whole idea of what's in style in terms of side bangs, full bangs or side or middle part. If you have a long face then side part will prob look better on you. Perhaps full bangs if you have a big forehead etc.
When it comes to curly vs straight I guess you can go with what's in style.
As other posters mentioned, the best thing is to get what looks good on you.
Also, if people get shaitels based on what's in style, does this mean ppl buy new shaitels every few years in order to wear what's in style??

look at the sheitals (and hairstyles) women wore in the 60s and 70s and 80s. If you wore any of them now you would look just plain odd, or possibly very frumpy. I know a woman who is still wearing the same haircut (not a sheitle) that was fashionable when she was in her 20s. (kind of permed, shoulder length look that was popular in the late 80s or early 90s) She is 50 or more now. It looks really strange to me and while it may have been considered pretty when she was young it just looks so outdated now. And I am sure plenty of us would look great in a beehive style but I would not recommend it.

So yes, its important to find something that suits you. But not something too unusual. But I think most hairstyles stay in fashion for 10 year or so, so any style you see a lot of women wearing should work.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 9:16 am
chevi1 wrote:
can someone link some pics? and what is ombrè?

Ombre is when "one color fades into another" for lack of a better definition. You can look at pictures. Ombre can be done very harshly, or softer.

sourstix

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 5:36 pm
[quote="Kitten"]Unless I have a wrong idea of what a bob cut is, but many, many chassidishe women (at least in Satmar for those who wear sheitels), have bob cut sheitels and it's considered conservative, be it for for everyday or Shabbos and simchas.[/quote]

im not from satmar. I dont cover my wig. I am chasidish though. so I am wondering if side bangs are going out?

Scrabble123

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 8:57 pm
sourstix wrote:
im not from satmar. I dont cover my wig. I am chasidish though. so I am wondering if side bangs are going out?

You can still wear side bangs. They are definitely dated, but you can still wear them. The Chassidishe crowd is into middle part bangs now, but that's pretty old already now. You can honestly wear whatever you want right now. Have you discussed it with a shaitel macher who you feel comfortable with?

sourstix

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 10:04 pm
I just moved so I dont know any sheitel machers here. poster above mentioned someone so I guess I will start there. see how it goes. I really need to restyle my wig and I dont trust anyone yet. I dont know any sheitel machers here yet. so I am open to hearing whats pp experience here in lakewood. I really want someone chasidish. so who is your shietel macher here in lakewood? chasidish of course. s omeone that can take a sheitel that was wrongly cut and make something out of it.

fbc

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 10:23 pm
I see now the crimped style a lot, I love it! Very summery! Looks great with a pair of sunglasses perched on top Smile Cool

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 10:25 pm
A lot of people are wearing curlyish. You have to really do what suits you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars