Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Cheesecake without a mixer??? (not buy!)

underthestars

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 3:23 pm
Is there a recipe that someone can recommend that you can make a yummy cheesecake without a mixer??

underthestars

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 3:25 pm
also--no dairy blender, or food processor--I saw posts that suggest whipped cream cheese but I wasn't sure how that would turn out. Any suggestions?

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 3:28 pm
I don't use an electric mixer anymore. It makes it too easy for me to binge on deserts so I mix by hand. I do make cheese cakes by hand and I've never used whipped cream cheese. I just soften my cream cheese over night on the counter and have at it the next morning. For heavy whipping like a cheese cake I use a whisk that has a wide handle, it's easier to grip and doesn't tire your hands.

underthestars

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 3:33 pm
I am really making my life complicated because I don't have a wisk either--I have recently moved and don't have much of anything and am not in the financial situation to purchase things at the moment...so trying to make the cheesecake with just ingredients...

underthestars

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 3:37 pm
Thank you though Magenta Yenta, for your suggestion...

tigerwife

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 3:43 pm
My go-to recipe:

750 grams Tnuva Gevina Levana
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 vanilla pudding
2 tsp lemon juice

Whisk ingredients until smooth. Pour into two graham cracker crusts. Bake in 350 for one hour. After an hour, turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside with the door closed for around half hour to settle and prevent cracking.

Top with anything you prefer. I like mixing a little sour cream, sugar and vanilla sugar as a topping.

You can also melt 1 bar white chocolate, 1 tsp caro syrop and 1/4 tsp coffee dissolved in 1 TBSP water.

So easy and delicious.

tigerwife

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 3:44 pm
underthestars wrote:
I am really making my life complicated because I don't have a wisk either--I have recently moved and don't have much of anything and am not in the financial situation to purchase things at the moment...so trying to make the cheesecake with just ingredients...

You can whisk things together with a fork.

zaq

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 5:30 pm
A nice big wooden spoon, a hard-sided mixing bowl and some elbow grease is all you really need. We can do just fine without all those kitchen appliances we're so fond of. Beat a cheesecake by hand, knead your challah by hand, grate your potatoes by hand, and save yourself some time and money at the gym.

summer0808

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 5:38 pm
I make cheesecake with whipped cream cheese. I davka dont use a mixer (I have a hand one) because I find there are too many bubble which cause the cheesecake to crack.

My recipe (from Balebusta's Choice)
2 whipped cream cheese
3 eggs
1 vanilla sugar
3/4 cup sugar

I mix with my HANDS

pour into 1 graham cracker crust (or make your own 9 inch crust)

Bake for 1 hour on 350.

Place a pan of water in the oven. Put cheesecake into this 'bath'. When time is up, the cheesecake will be white and a little wobbly. Let cool off in the oven for an hour.

Freezes beautifully!, no topping neccessary but always welcome!

Kitten

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 6:23 pm
I use my hands and a fork.

OneSource

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 8:27 pm
Summer, can you explain the 'bath' portion a little more? I bake the cheesecake for 1 hour and then do the bath just for the cooling? Thanks!

mmyy

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 12:33 pm
I have a very good cheesecake that I mix very well with a fork it goes as follow

1 graham pie crust
1 1/2 cream cheese
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 scoop vanilla sugar
2 spoons of dairy caramel cream

mix well with a fork or big wood spoon pour into the crust and bake at 350 until ready about 1 hour
Good luck

Overall all most cakes that are baked can be prepared without a mixer but once you want a no bake cake like a cheese pudding cake you need a mixer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics