Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Did you hear of New City? (Monsey)
1  2  Next

amother
Gray

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 12:41 pm
Was curious if the average person heard of New City and if it's a growing frum community.

We are looking for an affordable house to buy and recently became curious about this area.

Are people happy there? Do people think the neighborhood will take off? Are the taxes high or average?

And if you are just an average monseyer did you hear of this neighborhood at all? And if so what are people saying?

Thanks so much. All information is welcome.

ez-pass

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 1:11 pm
Pm me. I have also the info on new city

Scrabble123

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 1:24 pm
I've definitely heard of New City. PM if you'd like some more information.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 1:26 pm
Sounds like a really mysterious place that people only want to give information about via PM !

amother
Gray

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 1:29 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Sounds like a really mysterious place that people only want to give information about via PM !

It makes me wonder as well.

ez-pass

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 1:31 pm
Lol. Its not!!! Its and amazing neighborhood with really nice families. I just think its easier to answer specific questions thru a pm!

OOTBubby

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 1:32 pm
ez-pass wrote:
Lol. Its not!!! Its and amazing neighborhood with really nice families. I just think its easier to answer specific questions thru a pm!

Maybe, but I think it's better to put the info in a post in case someone else wants the info too (totally not nogeiah to me; just my comment on what I think is the best practice to give over info).

ez-pass

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 1:32 pm
If u do a search I think I answered lots of questions regarding it on this sight already.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 4:31 pm
I think anyone who grew up in monsey has not only heard of new city but has been there several times.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 5:21 pm
I live in Monsey and I've definitely heard of and been in new city. More Jews are starting to move there now. I'm not sure, but I think it's mainly MO style but I could be wrong.

ez-pass

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 5:47 pm
Its not modern orthodox at all. Fur the in may be but the neighborhood frum Jews are moving to is actually very frum working crowd

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 5:51 pm
My classmate is the owner of Challa Fairy . Hi C. Smile

amother
Gray

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:18 pm
Can you compare the crowd to a neighborhood or type in brooklyn just to get a sense? Like which schools they send to, what are their hashkafos etc.

Thanks.

ez-pass

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:24 pm
Its mix. YSV, darchei no am, bais mikrah, bais mikrah, chofetz chaim.

Basically frum YSV crowd.

Maya

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:37 pm
Frum YSV crowd is now in New City? I think you're confusing that with Pomona. Last time we checked, New City for now has a very small MO community, nothing more.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:41 pm
Wow, this is interesting...back when I lived in Monsey (almost 10 years ago) New City was one of the last hard-core MO bastions left. I guess now there's just no where else to go, so yeshivish people are moving there too?

sneakermom

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:41 pm
Maya wrote:
Frum YSV crowd is now in New City? I think you're confusing that with Pomona. Last time we checked, New City for now has a very small MO community, nothing more.

There is a development being built. And about eleven families live in and around it.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:42 pm
Maya wrote:

This sounds right.

Maya

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:43 pm
sneakermom wrote:
There is a development being built. And about eleven families live in and around it.

Eleven families is now a community?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:46 pm
amother wrote:
Wow, this is interesting...back when I lived in Monsey (almost 10 years ago) New City was one of the last hard-core MO bastions left. I guess now there's just no where else to go, so yeshivish people are moving there too?

your post cracked me up so I will reword your phrase to crack you up. Hard-core Yeshiva bastion.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating