Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Lakewood imamothers, shopping help

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 3:58 pm
Dh will be traveling alone to Lakewood for a few days. We live way oot, so I'm hoping he can handle some shopping for me and the kids. He will have 1.5 days free.

Is there anywhere I can send him that he won't feel super out of place, as a man? Dd and I need shells and tights and DD could use bows. Is it weird to send a man to do that? He probably won't want to.

Other then that, I would like him to get some non perishable food items that are harder to find here. And kids Jewish music, books, dvds
And tziztis yarmulkes for ds.

Any ideas where I can send him? He will have a rental car, but is sharing it with a few ppl. I'm not sure they want to shlep around to stores with him.

TIA

sourstix

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 4:04 pm
I would recommend but I am new to lakewood so its not the best, other lakewooders can be more helpful. just tell you where I go if its relevant- npgs is cheapest in food. non perishables what exactly are you thinking of? I am gonna let them chime in

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 4:09 pm
for shells for kids, bows, tights yarmulkas, tzitzis -- there is a basement dry goods store (side entrance) called rock bottom. It's 245 carey street (off clifton ave.) they are open mon-thurs from 12-5. They have the best prices and he wont feel out of place shopping there. For you for shells he should go to the shell station. He might feel out of place .... but they have the best quality shells ... maybe you can just order online for yourself.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 4:22 pm
There is one shopping plaza that has all three stores he needs. In the same plaza as NPGS James (the address is 150 James St. for GPS), there is Lakewood Judaica and Hosiery Plus. The bows are in the front of the store so it's not weird for him to go in and start browsing around, and he can ask the salesgirls for help with shells.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 5:11 pm
There's a store called Simi's Socks and Shells, which sell shells, socks and bows, I think they also have kids yarmulkes. There's usually a man at the register, so he won't be the only man in the store Wink .

You may want to call ahead and see if they can prepare whatever you want, so your husband just has to come pick it up, not actually do any shopping. Simi's and Hosiery Plus both have nice, helpful salesgirls, I can see both of them agreeing to prepare it for you.

Feel free to ask for any phone numbers, I don't mind getting them for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics