Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Should I start to look for another job?

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 2:12 pm
First let me say I have mostly worked in my own business or of I worked for someone they never interfered in my work as long as I brought in a profit.
Now for health reasons I had to give up my business and I am working for a doctor for about 2 years.
In all that time I made about 3 mistakes.
The other day my boss called me in to tell me about a mistake that I made which I didn't do someone else chave me wrong info.
My boss just went on and on about all the mistakes I have made never giving me any time to explain that some were not because of me. He just went on about the fact that if he knows about These mistakes how many more mistakes I have made that he doesn't know about which are none. Also patients have been complaining because he has made many many more mistakes but it is his practice so he could do what he wants.

The question is because I don't have experience do I just go on working like this or should I start to look for another job. I do have to say I am not sure he will find someone as dedicated as me not because I am boasting but who would come in to work on the day of her daughters chasuna. And I have worked for him while sick in the hospital.

SRS

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 2:32 pm
Write a letter to express what you have told us. He might reconsider if on paper. But, yeah, I'd start looking. Who needs the blame?

Kiwi13

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 2:36 pm
you don't lose anything by looking. If you find something else and it seems like a better work situation, then go for it. No need to quit before then. I would ask yourself though, are you happy overall at your job? Is this out of the ordinary for him to treat you this way? You seem awfully dedicated for someone who is miserable at work. If you are generally satisfied at work then I would try to work it out with your boss. If not, or if you have tried speaking with him before and it backfired, then I would keep the job while looking for another one.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 15 2015, 5:19 pm
You sound very loyal. Don't quit unless you have another job in hand. It's easier to find a job when you already have one.

By the way, you do have experience — you've been working for the doctor for 2 years.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 11:33 am
Thanks for replying.
I really can't ask for better work conditions. I never have a problem if I have to leave early or if I can't come in he is very nice about that.
But when he gets into these critical moods do I just not say anything or point out the things he said was my mistake but I could prove that it wasn't.

Bruria

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 3:19 pm
Maybe he was also in a particularly critical mood, maybe he just wants you to know what he thinks you did wrong in order to avoid it next time. Sure, look for another job, but his criticisms do not necessarily mean he is thinking of firing you.

zaq

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 4:36 pm
If this happened only once, well, everyone can have a bad day. His wife may have just told him she is leaving him or he may have just been notified that someone is suing him for malpractice. So I would not give him the heave-ho just yet if he has never before criticized you harshly. By all means start looking for something else--you have 2 years' experience in this office plus your business background, so it is not as if you have no skills. When you find something new, you can either leave if you like, or you can use the new job to negotiate higher pay or better benefits. ("I would really prefer to stay here but Drs. Sonnenschein and Reagan are offering me twice what you pay plus two more weeks' vacation, and I can't afford to turn that down unless you match the offer.")

However, if you are being blamed for someone else's mistakes and you can prove it, by all means do so and clear your name, regardless of whether or not you plan to stay.

What do you mean "when he gets into these critical moods"? Are you saying this is a frequent occurrence?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics