Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
My newest Quinoa recipe - DELISH!!!!!

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 1:56 pm
Just made this up and had it for supper tonight. It was SO good, I had to share it!

1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1-2 Tbsp. onion soup mix

Boil quinoa until ready and set aside to cool slightly.

In the meantime, fry 2 medium-large onions and 1 pint of mushrooms in a little oil and add to the quinoa. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a splash of soy sauce.

Add 20 grape tomatoes, halved or quartered, and 200 grams of Bulgarian cheese, cubed (I'm sure feta would be great as well).

Toss, serve, and ENJOY!!

chanab

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 5:28 pm
why do you need the onion soup mix? I feel that kind of defeats the purpose of quinoa being such a healthy food. Otherwise it sounds delish!

My4Jewels

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 6:42 pm
Same reason why anybody eats anything not so great for them. Because it tastes good! Why put cheese on steamed broccoli it's so fattening? Or dip raw veggies in a ranch dressing? Because it's yum. The onion soup mix doesn't take away from the health benefits of the quinoa. And anyways this isn't a healthy foods only forum.

I'm going to try this! Sounds great!

anonymom

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 9:55 pm
You can also add avocado and chopped red onion.

heidi

Post Sun, May 17 2015, 11:30 pm
I read somewhere that cooking quinoa with salt toughens the quinoa. I wonder if it's the same with the soup mix?
It sounds great, but I'm going to try cooking the quinoa without and seasoning the sauteed veggies with some soup mix as necessary.
Thanks!

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 12:05 am
heidi wrote:
I read somewhere that cooking quinoa with salt toughens the quinoa. I wonder if it's the same with the soup mix?
It sounds great, but I'm going to try cooking the quinoa without and seasoning the sauteed veggies with some soup mix as necessary.
Thanks!

I cook quinoa with chicken soup mix. No problems. I sauté the quinoa in olive oil until there is a nutty aroma about 10 minutes. I then add one teaspoon chicken soup mix. I continue to sauté and then add 1 7/8 cup of water for every cup of quinoa. It is delicious that way.

seeker

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 12:15 am
I cook quinoa with salt all the time and never thought it was tough.

oliveoil

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 12:17 am
You can just cook the quinoa in chicken soup or stock. It's a lot better than using the powdered ****. and it tastes better too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals