Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How do I put this child in her place?
Previous  1  2

chani8

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 11:55 pm
Your child does not need to play in the hall, and that abusive child should not be allowed anywhere near your child.

Change your life, change your routines, and start active parenting. Take your kids out, far away from that hall and that hefkeres. Schedule plenty of things to do in your apt, with the front door locked. Take the the kids out to the parks, on walks, etc.

No more easy for you. Get organized and active. You wont need to move. There are bullies everywhere anyway. You just need to change your casual parenting style and be proactive instead of reactive.

musicmom

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 7:19 am
I think you did the right thing. Speak to the girl directly. Also, if your daughter does not want to share her bike, keep it inside or put a bike lock on it. I don't like that attitude at all. I'm not sure it comes from the parents. Some kids bully, some kids bully babies. Kids aren't inherently bad, but they need to be taught. I bet this child is doing these behaviors to other children as well. At some point your child may need to fight back.

kb

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 8:10 am
musicmom wrote:
I think you did the right thing. Speak to the girl directly. Also, if your daughter does not want to share her bike, keep it inside or put a bike lock on it. I don't like that attitude at all. I'm not sure it comes from the parents. Some kids bully, some kids bully babies. Kids aren't inherently bad, but they need to be taught. I bet this child is doing these behaviors to other children as well. At some point your child may need to fight back.

OP said
Quote:
The mother of this child hardly reacts when this child and two of her younger siblings behave inappropriately.

imalady

Post Tue, May 19 2015, 12:15 pm
had similar experience,

got to bribe AND call her mother immediately if there is a problem.

So Sarah comes out and you shudder. Its freeze pop time. When Sarah misbehaves (which she will because it sounds like she has kind of aged out of the building) Sarah goes home (she can volunteer or you can go to her mother) and then its freeze pop time while she is inside.

but other poster is right, Sarah is none of your business, do not educate, discipline or correct her. Do not get angry at her. The point is your child has to be safe.

You can only pull this a couple of times. After that you will not get support from Sarah's mother. Going out on a limb here (DS is a boy, diff. rules) You must give your child the tools to stand up to a bully. If someone scratches her, she needs you to give her responses that can work. You can not always protect her.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers