Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
9 month old lost weight

happymummy

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 8:44 am
Just had my ds weighed and he weighs less than he did 2 months ago. He was fussy when he started solids but now eats loads.He nurses every 3 to 4 hours during the day. I'm really worried. I was told he may be metabolising his food too fast and to go to the doctor for tests. (Have made an appointment) Has any one else had this? He is happy and bli eiyin hara sleeps well. Not crawling yet so he isnt burning extra calories. Any ideas how to help him put on weight(healthily)?

Sanguine

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 8:51 am
happymummy wrote:
Just had my ds weighed and he weighs less than he did 2 months ago. He was fussy when he started solids but now eats loads.He nurses every 3 to 4 hours during the day. I'm really worried. I was told he may be metabolising his food too fast and to go to the doctor for tests. (Have made an appointment) Has any one else had this? He is happy and bli eiyin hara sleeps well. Not crawling yet so he isnt burning extra calories. Any ideas how to help him put on weight(healthily)?
Why are you asking how to put on weight? They told you to go for tests. You're doing the right thing by making an appointment. If he actually has a problem metabolising his food the Dr will advise you. Wait for results and then see if you need recipe ideas or whatever

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 9:54 am
Are you sure he is getting enough breastmilk? Can you have him weighed before and after a feeding to see how much he gets?
I had a baby lose weight because I suddenly lost my milk and didn't know it. Baby seemed happy nursing. I Had no idea he hardly got anything to drink.
It's worth checking out.

happymummy

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 11:27 am
I definately have milk but maybe it isn't as fattening as I've been trying to lose weight. I'll try weighing him before and after. Thanks for the idea.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics