Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Hasidic woman has first kid at 65
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Sanguine

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 3:55 pm
WOW!!!

Quote:
Hasidic woman has first kid at 65 (click title to see article)

After 45-year wait, Bnei Brak resident gives birth to healthy baby boy

After over 45 years of marriage, a Hasidic woman gave birth to her first child on Monday morning at the age of 65.

Chaya Sarah Shachar became the delighted mother of a baby boy at the Meir Hospital in Kfar Saba.

The baby boy is in good health, relatives said.

Shachar and her husband Shmuel had unsuccessfully tried to have kids since they got married at the ages of 19 and 21 respectively. The couple had sought fertility treatments as well as blessings from religious figures.

The proud parents, who are affiliated with the Nadvorna Hasidic dynasty, on Monday attributed the “miracle” to a blessing from their rabbi, who died three years ago.

Last year, a 61-year-old woman gave birth to her first son in Jerusalem’s Shaare Zedek Hospital. The woman, who had been pregnant with twins but lost the baby girl, at the time similarly attributed the rare occurrence to a blessing by the late rabbi Ovadiah Yosef.

zohar

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:06 pm
I was wondering this would show up on imamother.

Barbara

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:08 pm
Before I express an opinion, I will ask -- do you think its a good thing that women are giving birth in their mid-60s?

oliveoil

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:09 pm
I wonder who will raise the kid. By the time the kid is 15, the mom will be 80.

marina

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:10 pm
I am all in favor! Yasher koach!

marina

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:12 pm
Just like I'm not going to tell people when not to abort, I'm not going to tell people when not to give birth.

And the vast majority of the human population is born under unfair circumstances to the child. Poverty, disease, wars.

imaima

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:14 pm
Barbara wrote:
Before I express an opinion, I will ask -- do you think its a good thing that women are giving birth in their mid-60s?

I don't think it is a good thing that she didn't get to have this child earlier. So she didn't really choose to have the baby this late.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:15 pm
oliveoil wrote:
I wonder who will raise the kid. By the time the kid is 15, the mom will be 80.

I'm so very happy for this woman, but I had the same question....The mom (I didn't read the article, so I don't know if there is a father involved) should live ad meah v'serum, but she is by no means getting any younger. I hope she has an amazing support system.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:28 pm
imaima wrote:
I don't think it is a good thing that she didn't get to have this child earlier. So she didn't really choose to have the baby this late.

I don't either think it's a good thing that she didn't have children earlier, but I'm not God and I don't decide when people do and don't have kids. However, she most definitely chose to have this child late, as she was undergoing treatments at this age. I'm not at all saying I dont think she should have, I'm just pointing out a fact.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:40 pm
Mazel tov! May they raise him l'Torah ulechuppah ulemaasim tovim!

moto

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:45 pm
Im very happy for her.. Anyone who goes through treatment knows how hard this can be for someone whether young or old. Im sure she wanted a child far earlier..99% sure that she had tried with treatments as well..
Hashem should bless her with al the strength she needs to raise this child! She will value this miracle and treasure this child after all these years of waiting.
The fact that this happened, will hopefully give more strength to those who have been trying for so long and havent been blessed yet whether young and old.

finallyamommy

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:58 pm
Mazal tov to them! This is seriously amazing, and I can't imagine the pain of having to wait so long for a child.

Zehava

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:59 pm
Just wondering what kind of doctor would do fertility treatments on a 65 year old?

Barbara

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 5:02 pm
marina wrote:
Just like I'm not going to tell people when not to abort, I'm not going to tell people when not to give birth.

And the vast majority of the human population is born under unfair circumstances to the child. Poverty, disease, wars.

Point taken. I need to think about that.

tigerwife

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 5:06 pm
Barbara wrote:

If she was trying for 45 years... Then, yes, I do think it's a good thing! It's not like she woke up now?

I get your concerns, though- hopefully this family has a good support system.

Wow.

tigerwife

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 5:07 pm
Never ever give up hope.

imaima

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 5:21 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
I don't either think it's a good thing that she didn't have children earlier, but I'm not God and I don't decide when people do and don't have kids. However, she most definitely chose to have this child late, as she was undergoing treatments at this age. I'm not at all saying I dont think she should have, I'm just pointing out a fact.

Do people have exemption from pru urvu when they reach certain age? I think they were supposed to keep trying.

smss

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 5:33 pm
wow, incredible.
it does say they underwent treatments, but it also says that they attribute this "miracle" (their words) to a bracha from a rebbe. I wonder if they were actually undergoing treatment when she finally conceived.

either way, incredible!

Zehava

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 5:35 pm
smss wrote:
wow, incredible.
it does say they underwent treatments, but it also says that they attribute this "miracle" (their words) to a bracha from a rebbe. I wonder if they were actually undergoing treatment when she finally conceived.

either way, incredible!

Seriously?

smss

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 5:46 pm
Zehava wrote:
Seriously?

Hayipalei me'Hashem davar.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics