Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
How to make Greek Yogurt Cheese Snack, like Mehadrin?

OutATowner

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 4:20 pm
The ingredients on the box are so simple- I think it's just Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla, splenda. I have searched online for a recipe like this but have not found one.
Can anyone figure out how to recreate the Mehadrin Cheese Snack?
Thanks!!

zaq

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 5:10 pm
I don't know about the Greek Yogurt snack, but the original "snack" is nothing more nor less than a mini crustless cheesecake. They call it a "snack" as a marketing gimmick. A "snack" is harmless. Cheesecake is decadent, something we allow ourselves on special occasions, preferably in fine restaurants, and feel guilty about the caloric content, but a "snack" is first cousin to a pretzel, suitable for picking up in a grocery store and scarfing down on the way to work. Brilliant ploy, actually.

Take your favorite cream-cheese cake recipe, skip the crust, bake it in custard cups or muffin tins, freeze individually, and enjoy one at a time.

OutATowner

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 5:22 pm
Oh, I didn't even think about the word snack, I just wanted people to know what I was talking about. The other recipes I've seen have butter or other ingredients in it, or uses cream cheese. Other greek yogurt cheesecakes have pudding mixes and other odd ingredients. I usually don't make cheesecake so I don't know how to play around with the ingredients.

lucky14

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 6:05 pm
Actually they're made from greek yogurt and have more protein then a cream cheese cheesecake would. I've tried over and over to make them. They are so so yummy (I get the ones with sugar though, the calories are basically the same btw). But they are SOOO expensive! Anyway I've tried and tried and it's flopped every time.

lkwdlady

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 6:23 pm
In the magazine "the voice of lakewood" there was a recipe for greek yogurt cheese cake (with a topping). It looked to me like it had very little sugar so I would probably add more to that recipe. Sorry, I don't have time to find it for you but you can read the magazine online until you find the norman's greek yogurt cheese cake recipe. http://thevoiceoflakewood.com/......html

lkwdlady

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 6:27 pm
I checked ..it's pg 126

OutATowner

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 6:58 pm
Thank you so much! I am going to use that recipe as a base. I really want go stay healthy over Shavuos but I don't want to feel deprived.
Thanks for looking it up!

lucky14

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 1:39 pm
Did you try it? If so please tell me how it turned out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals