Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Sea bass

imamazing

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 8:32 pm
What's the best/ tastiest way to make? Plz share your recipes . Thx!

sourstix

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 8:40 pm
I didnt make anything fancy. I heated olive oil in pan and when hot I put in see bass skin side down and then turned it over and sprinkled salt it was heaven! its just so expensive.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 8:22 am
If it's fillet, the best way is either pan-fry or bake. Heat 1-2 teasp oil till very hot, gently slide in fish skin side down and cook for 3-4min till skin gets crispy, then gently turnover with a spatula. Season fish with salt and pepper just before frying and scatter chopped tarragon (it's really amazing and goes nicely). You can sautee very small amount of chopped or sliced garlic.

To oven-bake, coat foil with small amount of oil, season fish fillet and bake covered in a fast oven (185C fan is the setting I use). I like using the mix of paprika/chili/allspice or spread a bit of non-dairy pesto.

If it's a whole fish, I would scrub inside with lemon juice, sprinkle generally with salt & pepper, stuff with different herbs and chopped onions and bake uncovered for about 30min then cover and continue for another 10min (depending on the size). Serve off the bones.

In either case, they're best when freshly prepared. You can reheat it if you must but not my preference.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics