Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Thank you email after an interview

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 1:58 am
Is this really a thing? How does one go about doing this? What does such an email say?

esther09

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 6:14 am
Yes - I always send one and, now having been on the other end, am always impressed when candidates send one.

Keep it simple:

Dear Mr/s. XYZ,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to speak with me today, I enjoyed discussing the XYZ position with you. I was very interested to hear about (reference something you discussed in your interview) and I hope that I will have the opportunity to contribute to that initiative. I believe that my experience and skills in XYZ (again, something that came up in the interview) will make me an asset to your team. Thank you for your consideration!

OneSource

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 7:43 am
I completely agree w/ the above poster. Having hired a number of employees, those who made the extra effort to email me a follow-up from the interview definitely earned my attention. It shows distinction in the applicant pool. Good luck!

Barbara

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 9:43 am
amother wrote:
Is this really a thing? How does one go about doing this? What does such an email say?

Yes, its really a thing.

I don't care much about them, but others do. To the extent that a job candidate I liked was eliminated by a colleague for failure to send a thank you email.

Keep it simple, and confirm your interest in the position.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 3:58 pm
thanks for the information. I really want this job, so im going to get right on it now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics