Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I hate myself without makeup, what to do over 3 day Yom Tov?
1  2  Next

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 4:38 pm
My skin sucks in the makeup. Ive tried everything but Benjamin Moore paint.

Shabbat Makeup, especially the lipstick stinks. Putting pwder on my lips? Yuck!

What does everyone do besides look bare faced?

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 5:10 pm
Have you tried the makeup setting sprays from urban decay, skindinavia, or model in a bottle?

Applying lots of moisturizer all day before putting on your makeup... And sleeping on a silk slip... and not touching your face... layering with lip liners and lipstains amd drinking through a straw...

Good luck. I'll be watching to see if there are any other ideas I haven't heard of yet.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 5:14 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Have you tried the makeup setting sprays from urban decay, skindinavia, or model in a bottle?

Applying lots of moisturizer all day before putting on your makeup... And sleeping on a silk slip... and not touching your face... layering with lip liners and lipstains amd drinking through a straw...

Good luck. I'll be watching to see if there are any other ideas I haven't heard of yet.

Im not fantasizing that ANY technique will last 3 or even 2 days.

Im fantasizing that someone has something decent that can be reapplied on Yom Tov.

MamaBear

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 5:18 pm
Use Jergens Natural Glow for your face for a few days before - it'll help give you some color, like foundation

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/brows.....60011

Since yuntif is so soon, you could try a regular sunless tanner, too.

Also, fill in your brows well before the holiday begins. It helps define the face and it doesn't wear off as easily as makeup.

samantha87

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 5:36 pm
http://nypost.com/2013/05/21/h.....bath/

you're welcome

(ducks)

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 5:43 pm
samantha87 wrote:
http://nypost.com/2013/05/21/holy-chic-women-dish-on-how-they-keep-their-makeup-going-through-the-sabbath/

you're welcome

(ducks)

Sharpies, eh?
Hypnotized
They don't make one the color of my skin, do they?

Lol. That is so over the top. I'm not that desperate.

studying_torah

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 6:55 pm
So what works better hairspray or makeup setting spray?

amother
Purple

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 6:58 pm
At least you could put it on heavy erev shabbos and whatever lasts lasts. I have to go to the mikvah Fri night so zero makeup for me for 3 days! I really need eyeliner...

The Happy Wife

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 7:05 pm
studying_torah wrote:
So what works better hairspray or makeup setting spray?

A quick spray of polyurethane coating should do the trick.

youngishbear

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 7:40 pm
OP did mention Benjamin Moore.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 8:08 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Sharpies, eh?
Hypnotized
They don't make one the color of my skin, do they?

Lol. That is so over the top. I'm not that desperate.

Black sharpie as eyeliner actually sounds like an interesting idea!

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 8:48 pm
I touch up my make up over a 3 day chag and I think a lot of other women do too.

aquad

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 10:53 pm
Some Rabbis say that you can use bare minerals makeup on Shabbos/Yom Tov. Their stuff is great. Ask your Rabbi.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 2:50 am
My Rav told me you can use any powder based make up and no oil based. You cannot load the brushes on shabbat etc so I preload 2 or 3 blusher brushes with blush and same for powder eye shadow. I also preload my loose face powder. I apply mascara and eyeliner before shabbat only to the top lid as I find it runs if I put it on the bottom. I haven't found a solution to lipstick but at least my skin looks brighter and clearer.

chani8

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 6:14 am
We get a thread like this before every long YT, it seems.

Would someone please do the research to find any and all leniencies already! lol.

My daughter was taught by a DL Rav that any powder based makeup is fine, and there was no mention of needing to preload brushes.

Finding a solution to eye liner would be top of my list.

Since we are allowed to use watered down soap, it would seem to me that if I watered down my foundation, it wouldn't be any different. I'll put it on like 'soap' but instead of washing it off, I'll just pat my face dry with a paper towel. Just brainstorming, here. What do you think? What are the issues?

imaima

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 6:21 am
Isn't it easier to learn to love yourself without make up? I suggest therapy.

Sanguine

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 6:25 am
Move to Israel - It's only 2 days here (usually only 1)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 6:49 am
chani8 wrote:
We get a thread like this before every long YT, it seems.

Would someone please do the research to find any and all leniencies already! lol.

My daughter was taught by a DL Rav that any powder based makeup is fine, and there was no mention of needing to preload brushes.

Finding a solution to eye liner would be top of my list.

Since we are allowed to use watered down soap, it would seem to me that if I watered down my foundation, it wouldn't be any different. I'll put it on like 'soap' but instead of washing it off, I'll just pat my face dry with a paper towel. Just brainstorming, here. What do you think? What are the issues?

Then that would be the issur of anointing, no? Soap is removed after so it's not.

Sanguine

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 6:52 am
Why are there all these amother posters here. You don't think people know that you wear make-up?

nicole81

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 8:01 am
If you hold that you can use powders, get an eyeliner brush and use shadow to line. I line with shadow every day just because I like the softer look.

The magen avrohom (sephardi) holds that you can use creams that absorb into the skin so moisturizing under face powder looks great. If you don't hold by that, you can buy a spray moisturizer to freshen up your face. Then apply powders.

I don't preload brushes but I take care not to mix colors. Both on the brush and on my face.

I can make my makeup last over an entire shabbos, including lipstick, but for a 3 day yom tov I wouldn't even try. I'd much rather have clearer pores and a lighter look every day.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics