Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How long can gold fish go without being fed?

Doublestroller

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 11:02 pm
HI! I wasn't sure under which title to put it. We'll be going away for 3 days for shvuous. I have a gold fish at home that my son brought home from cheder. I've been trying my best to care of it ,to keep it alive and hopefully well. Anyways, I wanted to know from anyones experience that owns or used to own a fish tank with fish. What did u do when you left for a few days? How long can they survive without food?

Fabulous

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 11:03 pm
are our kids in the same yeshiva, because mine came home with one too? I checked online and they claim goldfish can live up to two weeks without food.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, May 20 2015, 11:03 pm
If the tank is dirty they will last for a few days.

bluebird

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 12:59 am
Most pet fish are very overfed. They will be fine for three days without food for three days (though perhaps a little sad Wink ). Just make sure you feed them right before you leave and when you get back to minimize the time.

pumpernickle

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 4:36 pm
Just so you know, there is a vacation pill that we use when we go away for an extended period of time.

gp2.0

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 7:02 pm
Yeah drop a vacation feeder in the tank.

It's possible for fish to go a few days without any food at all BUT if there's more than one fish you may come home to find that one fish "disappeared." Twisted Evil

cc

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 7:43 pm
They can last about a month. Clean tank, give them a good feed and they should be fine

Superuser

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 10:09 pm
Goldfish are very particular. I had a similar situation with someone in my family bringing home a piranha fish that she won at a carnival. We were going to be gone for all of Pesach and I didn't want to spend the money on a petsitter so your problem was actually my solution. I just dropped in a couple goldfish and our baby piranha was swimming around quite happily when we got back from our Pesach vacation, albeit with a couple less friends in the tank.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics