Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where do we fit in?

momof2boys

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 5:57 am
We are chareidi working professionals. Serious but also open minded . We looked into Rechovot and Givat Zev Hachadasha. We feel GZ may be too close minded for us. Mostly learning / kollel men, almost all have beards.

We were advised not to go to RBS because kids don't intergrate well in terms of language and Israeli culture- told many of the kids go off the derech.

So what other communities should we look into?

Lizzie4

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 6:30 am
Har nof sounds like it would fit what you are looking for!

brocha1

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 6:39 am
Hi I lived in hrnof when we made aliya with 7 kids bh ranging from 16 to 9 months .we didn't have such a nice experience .but bh we moved to rbshemesh aleph and luv it been here 4 years .im happy to help u pm me hatzlocha

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 7:25 am
In Givat Zeev many men are reaching the point of needing a higher income and are getting jobs. Many in chinuch, but also other professions.

Tweedy

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 7:42 am
I live in Rechovot, pm me if you have questions

chani8

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 7:50 am
Perhaps look more towards a chardal community or RW DL. You'll have more options, more like minded community. Don't be put off by the absence of black and white or no-suits-on-shobbos. Unless you are anti-govt, anti-army, I think you'll feel quite comfortable with the RW DL/chardal community.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 8:54 am
momof2boys wrote:

We were advised not to go to RBS because kids don't intergrate well in terms of language and Israeli culture- told many of the kids go off the derech.

So what other communities should we look into?

We made Aliya to RBS last August. I am anon because I work remotely for a US company and many clients dont know I moved.

I am tired of RBS getting a bad rap because there are lots of anglos and some OTD kids. There are OTD kids everywhere. What is most important is a loving family life. RBS gas lots of schooling optios. My oldest is 10 and he has ulpan every day and is almost fluent. My daughtr is 8 and she picked up the language much faster and was fluent by chanukah and now reads equally english books and hebrew books from the library.

Making Aliyah is hard enough, in RBS there are so many resources and so many people who are just like you and have gone through the same experience as you that can hlp you - why discount that because "oh there are so many OTD kids." I am sure there are OTD kids in Har Nof too.

momof2boys

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 1:15 am
amother wrote:
We made Aliya to RBS last August. I am anon because I work remotely for a US company and many clients dont know I moved.

I am tired of RBS getting a bad rap because there are lots of anglos and some OTD kids. There are OTD kids everywhere. What is most important is a loving family life. RBS gas lots of schooling optios. My oldest is 10 and he has ulpan every day and is almost fluent. My daughtr is 8 and she picked up the language much faster and was fluent by chanukah and now reads equally english books and hebrew books from the library.

Making Aliyah is hard enough, in RBS there are so many resources and so many people who are just like you and have gone through the same experience as you that can hlp you - why discount that because "oh there are so many OTD kids." I am sure there are OTD kids in Har Nof too.

how do I contact you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions