Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Budgeting program?

gp2.0

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 10:26 pm
Hi! I'm looking for a program, either download or online, preferably free or inexpensive, that we can use to organize our household finances and budget. Something relatively simple that could just keep track of income and expenses.

Not mint - mint is not helpful.

Maybe something like a quick books program? Is that useful for household budgets?

TIA!

sotired3

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 10:29 pm
Everydollar.com
I started using it recently, I found it very user friendly, and it's free.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 10:43 pm
I use YNAB (youneedabudget.com) and have been SO happy with it. It costs $60 tho there is a free 34 day trial and there are referral codes to get off $6. or they have half price sales, but usually not till black friday.

Its way better then both mint and quicken (quickbooks for the home). I have tried both and recommend YNAB over both of them hands down.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, May 21 2015, 10:49 pm
I used to use a spreadsheet but a few years back my Credit Union added a budgeting ap to their online banking system and that's what I've been using since then.

ruchelbuckle

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 9:16 am
We have been using Mint since 2011. I tried You Need A Budget prior to that, but it didn't work out so well for me.

The best budgeting program is one that you will actually use. Smile-- so you need to see what works for you. what interface do you find the easiest to navigate, etc... it's not that one is "better"-- but what your personal preference is. Some have more features, some have fewer. Do you need your program to have a ton of different functions, or do you prefer more basic?

I found Mint to take a while to set up, but from then on, it's pretty easy to use. I just took a look at everydollar.com that was mentioned upthread, and it looks really similar to mint.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics