Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Reading Material - Jewish

amother
Brown

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 8:43 am
Has anyone read a good Jewish novel/ other genre lately? I need to stock up on some good reading material for yom tov. Any suggestions? What did you enjoy that was really well written?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 10:39 am
amother wrote:
Has anyone read a good Jewish novel/ other genre lately? I need to stock up on some good reading material for yom tov. Any suggestions? What did you enjoy that was really well written?

What was the last thing you read that you liked?

amother
Brown

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 12:20 pm
I enjoyed The Betrayal and the Outcast. I also recently read Hidden, and thought it was pretty good. Not sure if I have the right name, it was about a Nazi who hid the Jewish children.

working hard

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 12:23 pm
Do you mean "All the Hidden Children"?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 12:25 pm
I liked those books too and awaiting the third. I'm not a big novel buyer and am not caught up on the newest books. Most seem to be thriller types or Israeli translations with internal monologues and angst. (Fine plots, most likely, but I personally can't get into them.) Have you read all of R' Meir Uri Gottesman's books? Shul Boy is his newest. And an older book - Terra Incognita by Libi Astaire?

As far as non-fiction, have you read The Underground, As Long as I Live, To Live as Jew (memoir of Rav Yitzchak Zilber)? I haven't read but would like to read Rabbi Twerski's book The Rabbi and the Nuns.

There's a new Nachman Seltzer book out. Also, there's Inside Their Homes, an inside look in the lives of some contemporary gedolim. Haven't read that yet but heard great reviews of it.

Sorry if these are all BTDT for you. Hatzlacha and gut yom tov!

P.S. I assume you've bought all the available magazines?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics