Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Researching Modern Orthodox Communities
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 5:48 pm
Milwaukee WI is very affordable. Welcoming MO community.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 5:53 pm
Not sure how this wasn't already mentioned yet... CLEVELAND, OH.

Very affordable, large modern orthodox community, many options for spiritual growth and guidance.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 6:38 pm
kiwi13- I was also wondering why noone said Cleveland but I've never been there so I felt weird recommending it.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 7:22 pm
I grew up there and spent a few years there as an adult as well, so I have plenty to say. ;-)

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 7:31 pm
Rochester, NY has a great community. Yeshiva day school is offering a huge move in incentive, for $1000 total tution and after that k-8 is still under 10k. You can definitely find a nice house in the 200k range. 5 1/2 hour drive to NYC.
visit torahrochester.com

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 8:31 pm
Southfield, Michigan (Young Israel Southfield area)
https://youtu.be/_nFvluxBypM

malkacooks

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 2:13 pm
what about miami fl? Hubby just got a fellowship there. seems like real estate is much cheaper then riverdale or teaneck

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 09 2016, 2:21 pm
amother wrote:
Milwaukee WI is very affordable. Welcoming MO community.

Can you describe this more?
Also what's the MO neighborhood called?
How long have you lived there?

shaimac1

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 2:11 pm
amother wrote:
Can you describe this more?
Also what's the MO neighborhood called?
How long have you lived there?

The MO community in Milwaukee is Glendale, WI. Feel free to contact the shul there called ASKT at http://www.asktshul.org/ ! Good luck it is a growing community there with a brand new Mikvah and a lot of younger MO couples moving in! I lived there during my preteens and teenage years, and it was really nice back then not sure about now though since I am 30! But good luck!

ShoshLay

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 4:30 pm
Hi. I came across your post a year later, because of my browsing. If you are still figuring out where to go, please consider Harrisburg. I moved here a year and a half ago, and see that is a tremendous place to raise children. We have 1 shul, so we all hang together. We are mostly MO, but our congregants extend beyond that in both directions. We all celebrate and eat together. There is a lot of respect and affection for one another. We have all amenities necessary for Orthodox life. Our lifestyle is more relaxed. Commutes here are negligible, saving you hours each week. The community is non-materialistic, which is another blessing. Houses will range from $150 (or less, depending) to $300. You can find a really nice situation for under $225. School is subsidized by state tax credits, with tuition in the $12K range. Preschool also similarly subsidized. Our rabbi is "moving up in the world" so we are in search mode now. Undoubtedly the next rabbi will be young, outreach oriented, and should likely fulfill your needs. Many of us are BT---we all come from different backgrounds. This is truly a community where we all hang together with warmth and friendliness. If you haven't yet decided on a new place, we are worth checking out.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating