Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Which car seat to buy
Previous  1  2

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 11:33 am
I also recommend the evenflo sureride. Look on bestbuy.ca for when it goes on sale. I got mine for only $79. And thats in canada.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 12:44 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
The fact that you can use it till 1.5 is amazing; most buckets don't last that long for height either Wink
I never bought a Diono even though we have 2 3-across situations (very squishy!) because they are not the type of seat to install and take out frequently (which we needed to do for carpooling purposes).

There is nothing "similar" in terms of the amazing height/weight limits they have, but many convertibles have decent limits that work for the average child (which sounds like your child is). I would look at the Guide 65 as the skinniest convertible I found besides the Diono when I spent hours researching this for a 3-across situation.

I personally got a Britax convertible of the older/classic footprint (from Target) to puzzle well with mine, but I had a smaller than average kid, and the limits on the classic are not as high as some of the newer ones on the market.

Thanks. I guess he is small enough now that I dont need to spend the extra for the extended height and weight limits of the diono. The Guide 65 looks great in that it has a small footprint but I didn't like that it doesn't seem as safe. It isnt steel reinforced- are most carseats? And it does not have the side impact protection, which I really want. People are so crazy on the streets...
Do you know of any others that have a small footprint?
I know I am asking a lot- but its hard to decide which features are the most important. Small footprint is (at least if its not one of those massively wide ones). Safety definitely is for me. Plus I would love it if it was easy to install.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 1:06 pm
Most car seats are not steel reinforced. All car seats on the market are safe. Steel adds more weight (heavier and harder to get in and out of cars if you need) and more expensive. BUT if you plan on leaving it in the car, and can afford it, go for it. Diono and Clek Foonf are the 2 fancy shmancy ones with steel Smile
The Diono is not known for its simplicity in installation. Sad

The Guide 65 DOES have side impact protection, where did you see it doesn't? http://safety1st.djgusa.com/en.....jb--1

Small footprints in convertible seats are very hard to find. The classic Britax models rise up a bit off the seat and have a smaller footprint than their current counterparts. They are a breeze to install. They don't have steel though. But the classic Roundabout only goes up to 50 lbs if that concerns you (it didn't to me, because the kid I got it for is 3.5 now and weighs like 25 lbs...and she has a younger brother to pass it on to if she ever did outgrow it Wink ). The classic Marathon doesn't seem to be available any more Sad That had better limits. And the truth is I only see one classic RA online too -- I guess I lucked out buying mine a year ago.

The First Years True Fit may work as it also has a slightly narrower base than many of the others on the market, but it's a wide seat (someone I know calls it a couch Wink) so it really depends how it puzzles with other seats.
I was able to get it in a 3 across with a bucket and a Guide 65. But it was tight, and no way would 2 of them have worked.

mandr

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 1:44 pm
If you find one in Babies R Us you may be able to use a Bed Bath and Beyond coupon. We can do that here in the US.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics