Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How Many Stamps to Mail a Letter from Israel to the USA?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:47 am
I want to mail a letter to the USA. I have stamps at home and would like to avoid the shlep to the post office. I have these big stamps w/ butterflies on them. They say מכתב רגיל בארץ, but no shekel amount. Does anyone know? I'm thinking 5 is probably safe, but I don't want to put on more than is necessary.

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:50 am
Go to the israelpost website and check the price of local and international prices.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:51 am
Iymnok wrote:
Go to the israelpost website and check the price of local and international prices.

I think I once tried that in the past and found it very confusing. I posted on here b/c I thought it would be easier.

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:02 am
2.20 letter to Israel
8.30 letter to the U.S.
8.3/2.2=3.77

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:05 am
Iymnok wrote:
2.20 letter to Israel
8.30 letter to the U.S.
8.3/2.2=3.77

Thank you so much! I guess that means 4 stamps since I can't cut them in half Wink

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:08 am
You're welcome, israelpost search Wink
http://www.israelpost.co.il/np.....dec=0

Sanguine

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:10 am
amother wrote:
I want to mail a letter to the USA. I have stamps at home and would like to avoid the shlep to the post office. I have these big stamps w/ butterflies on them. They say מכתב רגיל בארץ, but no shekel amount. Does anyone know? I'm thinking 5 is probably safe, but I don't want to put on more than is necessary.
Why are you amother, are you mailing something illegal??

I'm not sure if you can use those butterfly stamps to the States. I think you have to have actual numbers on stamps to Chu"l

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:14 am
Sanguine wrote:
Why are you amother, are you mailing something illegal??

I'm not sure if you can use those butterfly stamps to the States. I think you have to have actual numbers on stamps to Chu"l

I'm amother b/c I am embarrassed that I don't know the answer and that I often have a hard time looking things up on websites. I am pretty sure the butterfly stamps can be used. In the past, I once took my butterfly stamps and walked to the post office (not close by any stretch of imagination) waited in line and then asked the teller (haha, they're also a bank) how many to use and then stuck them on from the sheet! I did buy the butterfly stamps to avoid the post office IYKWIM. These days, it's too hot to walk to the post office just to ask them how many stamps to use.

No, I am not sending anything illegal. Although, at this point, I was embarrassed by how painful it was to write a thank you note. My hand seriously forgot how to write more than a shopping list.

Sanguine

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:32 am
amother wrote:
I'm amother b/c I am embarrassed that I don't know the answer
Don't be embarrassed. If I ever need a city bus I have to ask little kids at the bus stop what a bus ride costs embarrassed (like I just landed from Mars Cyclops

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:36 am
Sanguine wrote:
Don't be embarrassed. If I ever need a city bus I have to ask little kids at the bus stop what a bus ride costs embarrassed (like I just landed from Mars Cyclops

6.60 unless its intercity.

Sanguine

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:40 am
Iymnok wrote:
6.60 unless its intercity.
Thanks helpful person. I'm not planning on taking a bus today - For how long can I count on that amount?

imasoftov

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:45 am
I don't think that stamps that say "regular letter within Israel" would work for international mail (even if they cost the same as the postage), which as far as I know requires stamps with an amount on them.

imasoftov

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:52 am
Sanguine wrote:
Thanks helpful person. I'm not planning on taking a bus today - For how long can I count on that amount?

Until it changes. Yes, I know that wasn't helpful, but you won't be the only person with the previous fare.

In Jerusalem a local bus is 6.90, but it's 5.50 if you buy a "kartisia" which isn't a physical object anymore, you hand the driver 55.20 and get a "kartisia" on your Rav-Kav which works for ten rides. When kartisiot were paper they were good for a while after the price went up and then you had to pay the difference. I don't know if virtual kartisiot work the same way.

I don't know what the fare is anywhere else, I haven't been on a bus in another city recently.

Sanguine

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 7:27 am
I'm a "country bumpkin". Almost never take a bus in the "big city".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions