Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
The Best Recipes from Shavuous 2015?

debsey

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 3:57 pm
Did anyone try any of the magazine's recipes this Shavuous (Binah, Inyan, Ami, Mishpacha, Yated etc)? Any reviews? Anything going to make it into your permanent repetioire?

I made this brisket from Inyan (I doctored up the recipe a bit) and it was awesome. Definitely joining my rotation......

Apricot Brisket (from Inyan)
• I used one 5 lb PICKLED FIRST CUT Brisket and it was delicious • Brisket (pickled or not)
• 1 C Ketchup
• 2 onions peeled and diced
• 3.5 oz natural apricot fruit strips (I used regular fruit leather, appx 5 pckgs)
• 6 oz dried apricots (I used the flat ones)
• ¼ c. brown sugar (this is what I added to the recipe, due to using a pickled brisket)
• Preheat the oven to 375
• In a large, greased wok or frying pan, sear the roast on both sides for about 4 min per side.
• Place the roast in a 9x13 roaster pan
• In a pot, sauté the onions until translucent. Add the ketchup and fruit leather and ocninute sautéing until the fruit leather melts and everything is well incorporated
• Add the brown sugar and stir till melted.
• Pour the mixture onto the meat
• Cut each apricot in half and check for insects. Sprinkle apricot halves over the meat and sauce.
• Pour water all around the meat but do not cover the meat with water.
• Bake for 3-4 hrs covered. Check after 3 hours whether a fork pierces the meat easily (It took closer to 4 hours)
• Once cooled, remove from fridge and slice thinly.
• Reheat in sauce before serving.

chatouli

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:43 pm
No-bake Samoa cheesecake
http://www.lifeloveandsugar.co.....cake/
A lot of ingredients (and calories) but Shavuot comes but once a year....and it is soooo delicious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus