Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Shalom Zachor - what do I need to do?!

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 4:45 pm
We know we're having a boy BE"H but didn't tell anyone so I can't prepare too much because then everyone will know we lied to them lol.

I bought paper goods today, but in terms of food items - what is expected and/or normal? Just some nosh-type things like cookies and cakes?

Also, what's the deal with chickpeas? And alcohol?

cheeseblintz

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:00 pm
Depends on your community - some just do nosh/dessert, some do more substantial stuff like kugels, etc. Beer and chick peas are traditional. Given that Shabbos is so late right now, you're probably ok with keeping it light.

Raisin

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:03 pm
buy food you like. IME no one eats anything so you will have leftovers.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 5:33 pm
Okay so I guess I can make a few easy batches of cookies and brownies and freeze them.

What would you say is the most important part... alcohol?

baltimoremom

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 8:02 pm
It's depends where you live in Baltimore most people drop things off I did not make anything for my last shalom zachor and had two table foods of food. We had cookies cakes and fruit, cholent and kugel we got from the caterer doing the Bris
I would get paper goods, soda, beer, chickpeas there is a segula I forget what we did and you can make a cholent if you like a get a big kugel form a store.
Esp if you have a baby later in the week no one expects much from you.. It's a last minute event
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics