Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Ez OFF in pregnancy

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 9:25 pm
I am almost 4 months pregnant and just sprayed ez off in my oven because it stinks for weeks like something spilled and my cleaning lady quit on me. now I am starting to get nervous that it wasnt such a good idea- are the fumes harmful? my kitchen is small and with the hot weather not well ventilated

amother
Amber

Post Thu, May 28 2015, 9:29 pm
I've heard EZ off is not good during pregnancy. Stay out of your kitchen until the fumes go away and make sure to ventilate.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 12:21 am
place a fan blowing out of the kitchen and out an open window. then go to your room and close the door.
all will be fine be"h but please don't breathe it in if you can help it. pregnant or not.

Miri1

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 12:26 am
Can your husband, or someone else clean it out of the oven before you next use it to bake? You'll want to get it clean so as not to create more fumes from the heat.

Volunteer

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 1:46 am
Easy off is a sakana in any kitchen , imo. The manufacturer states that it must be died only in a well:-ventilated area, in any case. Does your oven have a self clean feature? If it does, you don't need a cleaner. For my oven, at least, the manual instructs users to clean out as much material as possible using only water and a brush or scrubbing sponge, then letting the self clean cycle do the rest. Wipe out the ash when the oven us done. Just remember that the self clean feature gives off a burning odor too, so use a fan and open any Windows. It's better to smell some burning grime than burning grime plus harsh chemicals.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry