Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ISO ideas for mini vacation near Brooklyn

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 11:05 am
So dh and I were planning to go to isreal this spring for the very first time. Were married for quite a few years and I don't have a baby nor am I preg now. Sadly finances were too low and we felt it wasn't responsible of us to go at this time😥. Dh is very down abt our missed opportunity as well as very very stressed from work etc. I really wanna find a nice fun place to drive over to for two or three days next week. I'm dreaming of a stunning hotel or villa on the beach, kosher food not too far, and minyanim a must. Ideally we wud love some fun like an outdoor water park, but I checked the one from six flags and they're open only weekends at this time of year.
So can anyone suggest a nice hotel within two or three hours drive max from Brooklyn and activities nearby? Were on a very tight budget so nothing too expensive 😉. Tia

Ahuva's Mommy

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 11:17 am
Ocean Place Resort in Long Branch, NJ. It's right near Deal so there's lots of Kosher food and Minyanim. The hotel is on the beach

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 11:22 am
Thanks. I actually looked into it this morning and it seems ideal. But the price is almost $300 a night and that would mean we cud stay only one night when I would've wanted two... Also, any fun attractions nearby?

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 11:49 am
The castle at tarrytown, it's expensive, but
it's close to monsey so you'll have Minyan and kosher food for normal prices. They're pool is usually empty.

doctorima

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 12:22 pm
Sorry to break it to you, but a "stunning hotel or villa on the beach" isn't going to come cheap, especially now that we're past Memorial Day, and it's official beach season. And when you restrict yourself to having a minyan or kosher food nearby, your options dwindle even further. You could try to check Hotel Tonight for a place along the Jersey Shore, which shouldn't be too far from minyan and food options, but you won't know for sure what will be available.

You could also try Long Island or the Hamptons (don't know about weekday minyan there). Midweek will be cheaper than weekends. Another option would be to try to check VRBO/Homeaway/AirBNB to try to find your own private place. The odds are much more in your favor, though it will take more effort.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 12:56 pm
You might be able to find better deals in Atlantic City but amenities and conveniences you are looking for will really be expensive. If you want to keep costs down I suggest finding the best price hotel in new Jersey at a reputable place that you know will be clean and nice, or use your mileage point, and use their pool and exercise facilities, then drive to the beach and kosher restaurants.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 4:32 am
Op here. So we still didn't book anything yet Rolling Eyes Dh wants to go to an outdoor water park and have fun. But we checked around and the water parks near or in ny r all still closed midweek this week. We checked more south and found that the ones in Virginia are open already. We also found some good deals on beach front hotels in va beach near Chabad. My only issue is that it's at least a 6 hr drive from where we live. Is it worth it to travel so long for three days? Also is virginia beach a nice beach? How does it compare to ft lauderdale? That's the only beach I've been at
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics