Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What minivan do you drive?

What minivan do you drive?
Toyota Sienna  
 35%  [ 65 ]
Honda Odyssey  
 33%  [ 61 ]
Chrysler Minivan  
 14%  [ 27 ]
Hyundai Minivan  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Kia Minivan  
 3%  [ 6 ]
Volkswagen Minivan  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nissan Quest  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other  
 12%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 184

blueberries

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 5:24 pm
Just wondering what is the most popular minivan? Why do you like it?

acccdac

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 5:34 pm
My first mini van was bought it 2006 - Toyota Sienna

My second mini van was bought in 2014 - Honda Odyssey.

When we purchased we were looking for an 8 seater. We need the seats for carpool

in 2006 you could only buy the bottom of the line with 8 seats on a sienna not an odyssey.
I think the only other choice for an 8 seater was town n country which was either not comparable or the same issue that the odyssey was too expensive for the 8th seat. The second reason we went with the sienna was because the 8th seat in the odyssey was about 10 inch in width and it was lower than the rest of the row. In the sienna the seat was more like 16 inch and it was flush with the row.

In 2014 we again were looking at the sienna and odyssey. This time the 8th seat was not flushed in the sienna but it was in the odyssey. we were also able to buy the just above lowest end of the odyssey with the 8th seat. It was more expensive by $500-1000 but you got the lane assist and the better backup camera so we felt it was worth the money.

I was just in a car accident. The man at the shop said it was good I was in an odyssey because he has found that they hold up better in an accident than other minivans.

Miri7

Post Fri, May 29 2015, 6:21 pm
Love my odyssey. I think it has more trunk room with that deep well than sienna. I liked the handling better too. We bought ours in 2008

tweety1

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 12:06 am
Love my oddysey! Lease #1 was oddysey lease #2 was sienna and then went back to oddysey. Would never take seinna again.

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 12:29 am
Why do you assume that I drive a minivan? What

tweety1

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 7:05 am
Lady Godiva wrote:
Why do you assume that I drive a minivan? What

Personally I think your post is dumb. Either you are stupid or playing stupid. This thread is obviously for mini van drivers.

pumpkinsbubby

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 8:09 am
I don't own a minivan...

mazal555

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 9:28 am
I would sooner go for a GMC Acadia or something similar over a minivan. They are safer, roomier, handle better especially in snow, and are about the same price.

chani8

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 9:56 am
tweety1 wrote:
Personally I think your post is dumb. Either you are stupid or playing stupid. This thread is obviously for mini van drivers.

Duh. She was inserting humor into this thread. And by posting even something you call stupid and dumb, she was actually helping OP to get her thread bumped up so it would get noticed. Being on imamother requires a sense of humor.

mandr

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 7:56 pm
I have a Toyonda Siennassey.

monkey

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 8:55 pm
NOT the Op-but hope its ok to ask.

For those who answered "kia minivan" can you please tell me a little more about it?

Currently looking into the KIA Sedona and wanted to hear feedback.

Also can you please specify if its the 2015 model or earlier? (supposedly the 2015 model was made differently)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 9:08 pm
06 Sienna because it was the best 8 seater on the market at the time (and still the best IMO -- chaval they ruined that winning model). We got it used in 07 (when the 08s were coming out). We're using it with 85K miles at least (probably more) and still love it since we can fit all 6 of our kids in car seats/boosters. The automatic air bag sensor in the front passenger was also a major plus for our carpooling days.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, May 31 2015, 9:10 pm
mazal555 wrote:
I would sooner go for a GMC Acadia or something similar over a minivan. They are safer, roomier, handle better especially in snow, and are about the same price.

My experience with SUVs was horrible for trying to get in a lot of little kids. They are not made to easily put car seats in all seats and climb into the back, and we had to make sure the kids didn't just swing the door out to hit other cars (vs sliding doors).

spring13

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 7:18 pm
I've got a Dodge Caravan. We own it outright, we bought out my grandmother's lease. It's great except that it's a very base model with no automatic anything and I'd like it if the doors and lights required less effort on my part Smile But it's very roomy, great in bad weather, and totally does what I need it to do for less than a Honda or Toyota.

srbmom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 10:48 pm
Quote:

For those who answered "kia minivan" can you please tell me a little more about it?

Also can you please specify if its the 2015 model or earlier? (supposedly the 2015 model was made differently)

I have a 2010 Kia Sedona. We bought it one-yr used. So far been thrilled with it. My only slight complaint is that it is a little noisier to drive than other minivans which I think has to do with it being heavier - the heaviness is what makes it safer, and gives it it's 5-star safety rating. So I'm willing to deal with it.

We're the type that don't buy things just because everyone else has it. We feel we got a good value, and it still had 5 yrs left on it's warranty when we bought it.

When in the market for another minivan - it would definitely be the first one I would look at again.

suzyq

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 10:32 am
monkey wrote:

We also have a Kia Sedona - ours is a 2012. We went for Kia over Honda or Toyota because they are cheaper and the warranty is awesome. Very happy with it, really no complaints. You are welcome to PM me if you have any specific questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics