Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Mike Huckabee

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 3:17 am
Is this guy running for President in America? Amazing interview. I would vote for him for Prime Minister of Israel Very Happy

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 3:18 am
He won't make it again, but that won't stop me from voting for him! He actually says what he thinks, not what people want to hear.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 3:25 am
Iymnok wrote:
He actually says what he thinks, not what people want to hear.
Oooh - that's not a good way for a politician to be. Sad

happybeingamom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 7:06 am
I know it is shallow but I can't get past his last name.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 7:17 am
happybeingamom wrote:
I know it is shallow but I can't get past his last name.
So you won't vote for him? Sad

happybeingamom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 7:19 am
Sanguine wrote:
So you won't vote for him? Sad

I don't know I can't vote in the primaries because I am registered as an independent. So I will be voting in the general election and I will have to judge when I know who are the final candidates.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 7:21 am
Here is most of what he said (for those who have no patience to listen to a 5 minute interview) - Should I highlight the main points?

Quote:
Huckabee recalled his first trip to Israel back in 1973 at the tender age of 17, noting, "I fell in love with the country then...there's a unique kind of spirit that exists in Israel. I know what that spirit is - I believe it's G-d."

Indicating the tension between US President Barack Obama's administration and Israel and referencing the Israel Day Concert, he remarked, "anyone who thinks that the United States is abandoning its support of Israel - obviously they weren't in Central Park today, because they would have found out that there is strong, passionate sentiment to stand with Israel."

The presidential candidate said he couldn't explain why the Obama administration or Europe are showing such hostility to Israel, noting Europe is displaying a new and renewed form of anti-Semitism that is both "unprecedented and frightening."

"Any of us who have studied history should know that we have seen this movie before and it does not end well," he said of European anti-Semitism. He added that in response, those who believe standing with Israel "is what G-d wants us to do" should take a firm stance to back the Jewish state.

He then turned his attention to the much touted "two-state solution," by which Israel would give up its Biblical heartland of Judea and Samaria to create a Palestinian Arab state.

The idea of "two governments holding the same piece of real estate is irrational and unworkable, and I think it's time for us to quit playing this pretentious game," he emphasized.

The Palestinian Authority (PA) does not recognize Israel's right to exist as the Jewish state, something which Huckabee said does not allow an alliance to be forged with them.

He noted that the Palestinian Arabs could have their own state - but only outside of the land of Israel.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 7:39 am
happybeingamom wrote:
I don't know I can't vote in the primaries because I am registered as an independent. So I will be voting in the general election and I will have to judge when I know who are the final candidates.
Well just don't judge him by his name Very Happy

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 7:43 am
His arms has a nice ring to it. I liked his ad last time with Chuck Norris- also a fun name.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics