Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Need to move asap but can't

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 7:38 pm
I wasn't sure where to post this and it is partially a vent but practical advice is welcome.

We need to move asap but can't prove we have an income. Partially because my husband is between jobs and partially because money is very tight and Hashem has literally been giving us the money month by month. So now what do we do? We're stuck because all apartments go through brokers (majority do) and they want proof of income and we can't provide that. We don't have relatives near to move into until we figure things out and we have a few kids so this isn't simple. So now what? What do people do in this situation? Is there anything to do? I do work but part time so it isn't enough for the amount they want for proof.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 7:41 pm
Do you have bank statements? Do you file taxes? Alas most LL's will require proof of employment as well. (At least here they do.)

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 7:47 pm
Money is tight. Especially bring that my DH is in between jobs. Our bank statements won't help.

acccdac

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 8:36 pm
would a letter from your boss help?

like proof of employment/stable job?

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 9:11 pm
My job doesn't meet the income requirements. And my DH can't get that.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 9:12 pm
we were "guarantors" for a friend in a different state because they couldn't couldn't prove enough income. in their case they were getting parental help but for some reason the parents couldn't be the guarantors. Is there anyone who might be willing to do that for you?

samantha87

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 10:56 pm
Are there any mom & pop landlords in your area? I've found those to be much less demanding of formal proof of income, even if you have to go through a broker to get to them.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 2:16 am
Will you be able to pay the rent?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 5:25 am
The brokers are the one demanding these things for the LL, no way around it. We hope to be able to pay. my DH is starting a new job but hasn't started it yet. So we are literally neither here nor there with it all.

real israeli

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 5:35 am
What does we hope to be able to pay mean? Is that hope based on something tangible or on emunah? As a landlord, would you take yourself as a tenant?

Smile1234

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 5:40 am
You have to go through a broker? Why not try asking around your area to see if anyone knows of places where you can look at available houses/apts without a broker?

asp40

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 8:41 am
Do you need to move ASAP because you need to leave your current apartment or because you want a larger place?

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 8:48 am
amother wrote:
we were "guarantors" for a friend in a different state because they couldn't couldn't prove enough income. in their case they were getting parental help but for some reason the parents couldn't be the guarantors. Is there anyone who might be willing to do that for you?

DH and I have done that for a friend — my name was actually on the lease along with hers. Of course it can turn out badly — see the I am LIVID-DH cosigned a loan... thread. Anyway, do you have a friend or relative who would be willing to do that?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 9:50 am
There is a very slight chance we can get a cosigner. Also were looking to move because our lease is up and our LL needs the apartment so we can't extend it. BH my DH will be able to cover the rent but he didn't start yet and we've been very tight for a while. (Bank statements won't show the required income)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics