Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Want to join a 24hr hitbodedut group?
1  2  Next

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 10:00 pm
I want to try to arrange a group of 24 women that can each pick an HOUR to do hitbodedut EVERY DAY. If I get one group I will gladly put together another.

This is still a pretty fresh thought and hoping it can be arranged.

If you regularly do hitbodedut that's amazing and can tell me what hour you'd like.

If you want to join and not sure exactly what to do during your hour it's basically and hour you spend alone with Hashem. Talking. Praying. Cheshbon hanefesh. Just about whatever you feel like talking with Hashem about that day. I do strongly suggest reading "In forest fields" to help encourage your conversation.

If you have any questions I'm happy to help answer.

It is understandable that something may come up during your hour once in a while but then please make sure to do the hour later that day. For this reason I'm hoping to arrange at least two groups so that it Is a continuous 24 hours.

As of now all hours are up for grabs. As they get taken I will update this original post.

We'll be working with the eastern time zone.

Please forgive me for being amother. I just want to be able to offer to people that I know IRL.

If you know someone IRL who would like to participate, you can submit their hour for them.

please make sure to submit with your username or initials of some sort in order to keep track. Thank you.

Tizku L'mitzvot. BezH I hope and pray that this can work. When there is a full 24hrs I will make sure to let everyone know! Very Happy

9:00am-10:00am - ROSE

hello123

Post Mon, Jun 01 2015, 10:58 pm
What is hitbodedut?

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 8:35 am
To Rose
Is there anyone who signed up.
I would sign up, but I can't commit to a particular hour, but I usually do my hitbodedut in the morning. Instead of asking for a particular hour, maybe get groups of 24 ladies to do an hour each anytime of the day.
I started doing hitbodedut about 5 months ago, started with 10 minutes and now I'm doing 1 hr+.
What I have noticed is, although I feel great after I finish, I don't have the same fire to start, as I had before.
This is really bothering me.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 7:42 pm
BUMP
Anyone else here practice hitbodedut
Anyone read Forest Fields

November

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 8:28 pm
Please tell more about the book In Forest Fields. Who wrote it? What does it cover? Where is it available?

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 9:51 pm
November wrote:
Please tell more about the book In Forest Fields. Who wrote it? What does it cover? Where is it available?

It's all about hitbodedut written by Rabbi Arush, translated by Rabbi Lazer Brody. The same author as Gan Emunah, Gan Hashalom, Woman's Wisdom, and many more amazing books.
You can go on breslev.co.il and listen to shiurim,click VOD, life changing.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 11:22 pm
Hi I'm the one that started the thread but it never actually took off.

Hitbodedut is when you spend any amount of time (60 mins is usually what people aim for) talking to Hashem. Just alone with Hashem expressing thanks, asking for help in areas, assessing yourself, teshuva and anything you want to talk about or need to let out to Hashem. I hop I'm doing it justice.

Now the group never took off but happy to hear there are other doing hitbodedut.

Forest and fields is an absolutely amazing book. It shows you how close and accessible Hashem is and how easily you can talk to Him. Any place, any where, any time. No matter what it's about and no matter what deep hole your in. Hashem is always there for you. Rav Arush also explain how to do hitbodedut, how to start (especially at the beginning when it can be hard) and how to devot time to different topics and divide the time to work through situations you may be facing. Overall, like the above poster said, it's life changing. I have a completely different view of life and everything I experience.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 11:32 pm
Copper, I'm sorry, I just read your original post from today and realized I didn't answer it. Since I see you have read the book I would suggest maybe rereading it. What was it that sparked you to start to begins with? Have you tried reading any of the other books from rav Arush? And this should have been my first suggestion and I'm laughing that it wasn't but that you should talk to Hashem about that! Ask Hashem to help get that fire back, ask to help guide you to something, be it a book, a shiur, etc, that will set that fire back in you. The fact that you are feeling this way is Hashem's way of calling you to come even closer. Sounds like He wants to see you turn to Him even though that is what the struggle is about. Rebbe Nachman teaches that even when your down, you should be happy. Why? Because Hashem put you down in order for tou to come back up even higher. From that depth Hashem wants you to turn to Him, to call out to Him, and by doing so you come out even stronger than before!

I hope this helps! Very Happy

imasoftov

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 4:24 am
This is not an attack on people doing hitbodedut, I'm just wondering what the point is of having people do it around the clock.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 8:42 am
amother wrote:
Copper, I'm sorry, I just read your original post from today and realized I didn't answer it. Since I see you have read the book I would suggest maybe rereading it. What was it that sparked you to start to begins with? Have you tried reading any of the other books from rav Arush? And this should have been my first suggestion and I'm laughing that it wasn't but that you should talk to Hashem about that! Ask Hashem to help get that fire back, ask to help guide you to something, be it a book, a shiur, etc, that will set that fire back in you. The fact that you are feeling this way is Hashem's way of calling you to come even closer. Sounds like He wants to see you turn to Him even though that is what the struggle is about. Rebbe Nachman teaches that even when your down, you should be happy. Why? Because Hashem put you down in order for tou to come back up even higher. From that depth Hashem wants you to turn to Him, to call out to Him, and by doing so you come out even stronger than before!

I hope this helps! Very Happy

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry if I miscommunicated.
I haven't read the book, I just know that it's about hitbodedut and emuna.
I'm kind of lazy when it comes to reading.
I havent read Garden of Emuna either, instead I opted to listen to shiurim by Rabbi Reuven Levy A Walk Through The Garden of Emuna, and that got me started. I listen to A LOT of shiurim from the breslev website, all day, and Rabbi Brody CDs in the car. I'm kind of obsessed 😊, in a good way.
I listened to Rabbi Brody for many years, but never really did hitbodedut until recently. Sure I talked to Hashem here and there, davened, said tehillim, but it's not the same as dedicating 1 hour to talk to "ABBA".

I think I'm at a point that I need an Emuna Coach or a Mashpia (same thing,no?)

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 8:44 am
imasoftov wrote:
This is not an attack on people doing hitbodedut, I'm just wondering what the point is of having people do it around the clock.

That's why I suggested adding hours together throughout the day.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 8:52 am
amother wrote:
That's why I suggested adding hours together throughout the day.

I have a similar question about that. What is the function of a group when the activity is performed in private? If this was a group where women got together (electronically or physically) to discuss the activity I would understand that, but it seems the OP just wants to make a list of names and times.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 11:11 am
Thank you Rose for all your efforts
The reasoning behind it is that there should be 24 hours round the clock of thanking H-Shem for all the good he does for us, the open goodness and the seemingly not good. And perhaps, my own thought, it should be like a korban toda to H- Shem and tip the scale to bring Moshiach now.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 3:04 am
amother wrote:
Thank you Rose for all your efforts
The reasoning behind it is that there should be 24 hours round the clock of thanking H-Shem for all the good he does for us, the open goodness and the seemingly not good. And perhaps, my own thought, it should be like a korban toda to H- Shem and tip the scale to bring Moshiach now.

The korban toda was neither brought nor eaten for 24 hours straight, so I'm curious why you mention it.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 3:32 am
Hi ladies, why I had been interested to start it was because I read of a story in the book "In Forest Fields" that tell of a kollel in Poland that would do this. A rotation of hitbodedut and the day they stopped it was the day the Second World War started. The story stayed with me for a while and made me want to do something but I wasn't sure how. Then one night this idea to put it on imamother and maybe try to do it happened, but didn't exactly work out. I understand that it's from Hashem and maybe the purpose was to start this conversation instead, who knows who is reading this and feels intrigued to start talking to Hashem! Very Happy

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 3:37 am
Sorry for more questioning Rose, but are you blaming the war on them stopping the kollel?! shock

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 3:46 am
My first reaction was "what?!" Im sorry that made me laugh. Chas v'Shalom! To me it sounded like it was a shmira and obviously Hashem had His plan. There are a number of times in history Hashem had to stop or not allow certain things to continue because when Hashem creates the world He put in certain rules that even He follows by. For example, Moshe Rabbenu prayed 515 tefillot to be let into E"Y. Hashem then told him not to continue bec had he prayed one more Hashem would have had no choice but to allow him in. Had he gone in he would have built the Bait Hamikdash and the Geula would have come - something Hashem did not want yet. So Hashem had to stop Moshe from praying anymore.

I hope that thought was clear Very Happy

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 3:48 am
BezH when I get a chance I will look up the exact story of the kollel to post the paragraph. Maybe that will clarify.

blossoming

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 6:06 am
Does it have to be a whole hour? I think five minutes a day is more than enough. More than that is being unrealistic.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 8:53 am
blossoming wrote:
Does it have to be a whole hour? I think five minutes a day is more than enough. More than that is being unrealistic.

We can never thank H-Shem enough.
Let me tell you my experience. I started with 5 min. It was very hard. After 30 seconds I had nothing more to say, but I decided to just sit quietly for those 5 min. and dedicate them to H-Shem. I asked H-Shem to help me talk to him for the full 5 minutes. 5 turned into 10,15,20,30,45. I stayed at 45 minutes for a long time, and one day I didn't finish my daily thank yous so I went on another 5, 10, 15. There are days that an hour isn't enough, and days that after 55 minutes I m done, so I sit quietly for those 5 minutes.
However much you do is great.
One thing is for sure, something inside you changes. You start feeling more relaxed, as if this huge weight came off your shoulder, lighter, happier. It's really a gift.
The only way to know if it's for you is to try it. Sit down for 5 minutes, with a timer, and try it for 2 weeks consistently.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational