Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO: NON-breaded Chicken breast recipe for Shabbos lunch

Cow

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 4:37 am
We're having a guest who cannot have gluten, but I was wondering if there was some moist chicken breast recipe that also my young kids would eat for Shabbos lunch. Also no tomatoes in the recipe.

Any ideas?!!!

ms5771

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 6:20 am
You can marinate the chicken breast in oil and spices, and then fry on both sides til ready. Then just make sure it's mostly dry and not saucy so you can put it on the plata. It's not moist, but it's still yummy!

You could always put it in a cholent. We rarely ever use meat (too expensive) in our cholent. But maybe it's too hot for that now!

Cow

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 4:24 pm
it doesn't get too tough?

mha3484

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 4:33 pm
You can use cornflake crumbs instead of breadcrumbs.

abs

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 4:36 pm
Cornflakes usually contain malt which is gluten.
You can use a cornstarch/egg batter.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 4:41 pm
Chicken Marsala, or grilled chicken (use Italian dressing as marinade or look up the recipes in BY cookbook)

LookBeforeULive

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 4:45 pm
The website Against All Grain has a wonderful recipe that uses almond flour for the "breading" and I have made it several times for weekday and Shabbos. So if nuts are not a problem, I can really recommend it!

Cow

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 4:49 pm
abs wrote:
Cornflakes usually contain malt which is gluten.
You can use a cornstarch/egg batter.

Great idea!!! I'll do some for him with that or potato starch and the rest regular for us! Thanks so much! Duh! I was trying to think of what one would do for Pesach, but just couldn't think!

Cow

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 4:50 pm
LookBeforeULive wrote:
The website Against All Grain has a wonderful recipe that uses almond flour for the "breading" and I have made it several times for weekday and Shabbos. So if nuts are not a problem, I can really recommend it!

Another great idea! Thanks!

Cow

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 4:51 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Chicken Marsala, or grilled chicken (use Italian dressing as marinade or look up the recipes in BY cookbook)

Thanks! I just saw somewhere that Italian dressing is a good marinade, so maybe I'll do that. Thanks everyone for all the great options!

Leahh

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 5:15 pm
There is a company that makes gluten-free corn flake crumbs. I think it's Gefen. Check your local supermarket if they carry a variety of brands.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 5:27 pm
Pecan-crusted Chicken with Mustard Sauce
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 4

Summary:

Nutty sautéed chicken dipped in a creamy mustard sauce delivers nicely varied textures and flavors. Using cornstarch rather than flour makes the crust especially crisp.

Ingredients:

1 cup pecans
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Cayenne
1 egg
2 tablespoons water
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/3 pounds in all)
3 tablespoons cooking oil
Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons grainy or Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Directions:

In a food processor, pulse the pecans with the cornstarch, thyme, paprika, 1 1/4 teaspoons of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne until the nuts are chopped fine. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.

Whisk together the egg and the water in a small bowl. Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture and then into the nut mixture.

In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Turn and continue cooking until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes longer.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, parsley, a pinch of cayenne, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve the chicken with the mustard dipping sauce.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 6:34 pm
Leahh wrote:
There is a company that makes gluten-free corn flake crumbs. I think it's Gefen. Check your local supermarket if they carry a variety of brands.

This.
Gefen has gluten free cornflake crumbs.

Also, if you're using Italian dressing, or any other processed product, make sure you read the ingredients as thickeners and such can contain gluten.

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 9:45 pm
Do you have a grill? Grilled chicken locks in the moister and is very good! My favorite is to mix equal parts of oil, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce (although soy sauce may be a gluten issue so check) then add minced onion and minced garlic and let marinate for a while.

spring13

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 12:22 am
Grill! Get a grill pan for the stovetop if you don't have something else already.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey