Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Will Humans want to alter their bodies to become 4 legged?
  1  2  3  13  14  15  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 4:48 pm
Being transgender is very accepted these days. Good for those who achieved their long awaited dream!

Will the day come that people will cry out to be trans-creation (from human to animal) and "need" to alter their bodies to suit their "real selves" and need to look like and live the life of a four legged creature?

Some doctors will definitely do it to make a buck!

And imagine the reality show that would result. Hmmmm.

Machel

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 4:55 pm
I just saw this article. people who feel like they are supposed to be disabled.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/.....odies

I know I shouldn't judge if I'm not in their shoes but my first reaction is really...??

Barbara

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 5:04 pm
amother wrote:
Being transgender is very accepted these days. Good for those who achieved their long awaited dream!

Will the day come that people will cry out to be trans-creation (from human to animal) and "need" to alter their bodies to suit their "real selves" and need to look like and live the life of a four legged creature?

I'm looking forward to the day when we can transplant some empathy into people who are nasty and cruel to those who are suffering. You'll be first on the list.

MrsDash

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 5:06 pm
amother wrote:

Let me guess, you're voting for Huckabee, aren't you?

youngishbear

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 5:07 pm
And here I thought this was going to be a thread about how to become an animagus.

Oh, well. Maybe one day the secret will be revealed to us muggles.

Sadie

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 5:17 pm
MrsDash wrote:
Let me guess, you're voting for Huckabee, aren't you?

Huckabee, the guy who said he should have pretended to be transgender in high school so he could shower with girls.
The guy who thinks transgender people shouldn't be able to go to the bathroom because they're all s*xual predators, but he defends Josh Duggar. A real family values hero.

OP, this post saying being trans is like someone wanting to become an animal is cruel. You probably have no experience with this issue, and the only point of this post is to mock people who are in pain.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 5:36 pm
youngishbear wrote:
And here I thought this was going to be a thread about how to become an animagus.

Oh, well. Maybe one day the secret will be revealed to us muggles.

I did some self-hypnosis the other day. We were driving down a long winding road and I was getting nauseous. So I decided I was a bird and the swooping, gliding, curving movement was totally natural and expected. The nausea disappeared and I swear I felt the wind ruffling my feathers. Twisted Evil

Zehava

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 5:43 pm
Well we do have an entire community out there acting like babies because they feel it. Or ABs Adult Babies.

Superuser

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 6:16 pm
Excuse me! This is blatant discrimination here! Complete unacceptable and against Jewish values. I pray to God every day that they will come up with the research to make me one day feel comfortable in my own body. From when I was very young, I always felt like I was half donkey and half human. I donate large amounts of money to research into this instead of giving that money to cancer research. Me becoming half donkey is far more important and racist bigots like you and Mike Huckabee will not convince me otherwise! It has always been my dream to become half donkey. Smile

Superuser

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 6:18 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
I did some self-hypnosis the other day. We were driving down a long winding road and I was getting nauseous. So I decided I was a bird and the swooping, gliding, curving movement was totally natural and expected. The nausea disappeared and I swear I felt the wind ruffling my feathers. Twisted Evil
they have a surgery out for that now. Obama will be introducing legislation for separate bathrooms for inter-specie humans.

Superuser

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 6:20 pm
Barbara wrote:
I'm looking forward to the day when we can transplant some empathy into people who are nasty and cruel to those who are suffering. You'll be first on the list.
one is not allowed to be "empathetic" to those who blatantly and publicly transgress Torah and is oh-so-proud of doing so.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 6:21 pm
It might be time to determine the fine line between satire and bigotry. What is everyone talking about here, anyway? This thread is a confusing mess.

yenny

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 6:27 pm
Can everyone chill! And have a civil debate.
Is something wrong with having an opinion different that someone else.
I would honestly like to hear everyones take.

fmt4

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 6:50 pm
I feel a lot of empathy toward Bruce/Caitlyn, and I wish him all the best. I have no problem with him doing what he is doing, and I am sure that he really does feel like a woman. But do I think that he is one, now that he had plastic surgery, put on a wig and makeup, and changed his name? No. That does not make one a woman.

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 7:04 pm
I'm waiting for the ********(fill in your own blank) to be excised from our nation so we can fulfill our role as "light unto the nations" rather than our current "How not to treat our fellow wo/men".

On a community and individual level, as so nicely demonstrated here. As usual. Good middos, imas.

sequoia

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 7:07 pm
Meow?

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 7:18 pm
Id like to know what Orthodox Rabbis of all camps have to say about Caitlyn.

Id like to know what Orthodox Rabbis of all camps say publicly and what they say privately.

And especially what the left leaning Orthodox Rabbis say privately, and how theyd feel about it if Caitlyn were their father. How proud and happy would they really be?

Btw, what does Rabbi Shachter of YU have to say about people who want to go trans?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 7:23 pm
Superuser wrote:
one is not allowed to be "empathetic" to those who blatantly and publicly transgress Torah and is oh-so-proud of doing so.

I can't be so rigid. I don't think I have the capacity to be consistent enough to be unempathetic to everyone I should be*, and to live in a way that I would have the right to be so judgmental. I think it's possible to have compassion for Jenner while not thinking it's the best lifestyle choice. I have compassion on him (pardon the pronoun, I use it for convenience) for being so conflicted that at what, 65? he's doing something this drastic. And while I'm not following this too closely I gather he's becoming something of a laughingstock. The Kardashian connection isn't helping.

*because yes, I wouldn't do something that would indicate approval for a decision that is clearly kneged haTorah. I don't see how sympathy shows approval in this case.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 7:24 pm
Machel wrote:
I just saw this article. people who feel like they are supposed to be disabled.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/.....odies

I know I shouldn't judge if I'm not in their shoes but my first reaction is really...??

Wow! This is so sad.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 7:27 pm
amother wrote:
Id like to know what Orthodox Rabbis of all camps have to say about Caitlyn.

Id like to know what Orthodox Rabbis of all camps say publicly and what they say privately.

And especially what the left leaning Orthodox Rabbis say privately, and how theyd feel about it if Caitlyn were their father. How proud and happy would they really be?

Btw, what does Rabbi Shachter of YU have to say about people who want to go trans?

Do you think Orthodox rabbis are all going to be pounding the pulpits over this this week?
I don't like your Rabbi Shachter reference. Purely ad hominem. He's in an interesting place, too RW according to some to still be considered MO, and sadly, considered too LW to be treated with the respect he deserves according to others.
It is very possible that there is starting to be some halachic discussion about this. I doubt such discussion is in the same tone as your posts. You would have had a decent chance of being answered, even as amother, had you asked if there is any such discussion, links please, etc. in a different tone. Divrei chachamim b'nachas nishmaim.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Tue, Jun 02 2015, 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 15   1  2  3  13  14  15  Next Recent Topics